• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,151
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Developer mathieulh has just released a zip with brand new, updated OG xbox backwards compat files, ready to be used on a devkit/JTAG/RGH machine.
These ones are from the April 2018 BC update, so it's fairly recent! Obviously all eyes are on whether or not any games that didn't work well/at all with the hacked 2011 files will work with this new release.

Won't post any links since it's MS copyrighted code, but just google the guy and you'll find it.
Just thought I'd let everyone here know about it so it'll gauge more interest in updating and trying it out. :)

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded it but MS said it was for existing game improvements only. It makes no sense for them to make more games b/c in 2018 long after 360 was dead and not even tell anyone which games would work. Unless this guy who released it hacked it to make more games compatible there's no real use other than existing game improvements.

SENSENuii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I downloaded it but MS said it was for existing game improvements only. It makes no sense for them to make more games b/c in 2018 long after 360 was dead and not even tell anyone which games would work. Unless this guy who released it hacked it to make more games compatible there's no real use other than existing game improvements.
well this one also enables the hud

Attachments

• EITYDXCWsAApbes.jpeg
    EITYDXCWsAApbes.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: KiiWii

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
as is the case with emulators, a fix for one game might inadvertently fix an issue that was present in another game, it can also go the other way though and the "fix" they used can conflict with something that was otherwise working, iirc the stock xbox BC firmware runs on a whitelist basis, so as far as MS is concerned it only improves titles already on the list, the RGH versions will run any title thrown at it, so its possible that a bug fix for one of the existing games could in theory increase compatibly and make games that wouldn't work or were too buggy now function/run better

haven't used my 360 for a good while, so not really going to bother trying it out, but who knows maybe something good will come of it for those interested :)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only two games but I tried ToeJam & Earl 3 and Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus they still dont work. Only two games left on my OG Xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls