Hacked sisters 3.2u wii, installed cioscorp, was working fine...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by maxdaling, Jul 14, 2009.

1. maxdaling
    OP

Newcomer maxdaling Advanced Member

Canada
    Yeah so I softmodded my sisters wii and installed cioscorp. Everything was fine for about 3 days, today she played rune factory and got a message in game after awhile saying disc could not be read. Now when a game is put in half the time it wont read at all, and the other half it loads very slowly and eventually the message may appear ingame again. Is this due to the hacking, or is the lazer giving out? Whats going on?

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Could be an issue with the laser. I never had that happen back when I had cioscorp

3. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Do you get the same problems with Backup launchers?

4. armageddan

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    we could use some more information, for instance is it a backup or original? if it's a backup it could just be a bad backup/burn which would explain some things because i had a bad copy of harry potter hbp and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it till i got a different one. if it's an original then maybe it's scratched.
    *REMOVED*

EDIT: sounds like it might be the laser given out since you've had it for 4 years. you might want to go see about buying a laser replacement or giving it to the big n for 85$. (laser replacements voids your systems warranty because you have to take the system apart to replace a part.)

5. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    id get rid of that link if i were you, armageddan before a mod see's it.

6. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    From the sounds of it there are two possible reasons.
    1 - The laser has become dirty and requires a cleaning. I would suggest getting one of the official cleaning kits.
    2 - The actual laser is giving out. You may have to get another drive installed.

7. Red Ire Lap

Newcomer Red Ire Lap Advanced Member

Canada
    Could your sister have messed around with and HBC stuff?

8. pm_41

Member pm_41 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I saw at the local Gamestop the other day that Nintendo makes laser disk cleaner kits for the Wii. [​IMG]

9. maxdaling
    OP

Newcomer maxdaling Advanced Member

Canada
    Well it seems to be working better now, not 100% but it's a start. Rune factory seems to still chug along but it's not stopping the game yet. All I did was stuck some compressed air in through the disc slot. I'm just glad it wasn't related to homebrew.

10. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I bought one (now useless cause the USB Loaders) it is great to clean the laser, and the best....it just cost me $11 can dls at Zellers...!! [​IMG]

11. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, those really can help. I used to have troubles with Brawl, but I used a lens cleaner and it helped a lot (though in my case I was running a DVD lens cleaner via Mplayer).

12. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    the laser cleaners for wii are the only ones that work for wii. I also thought my laser was going. but as I have learned if its going to go, it will be gone, not start to go bad, or getting bad. Mine was when usb loader had just come out and i thot it had sumthing to do with it. but nope got a wii cleaner scrubbed it good, and perfect

EDIT: Sage im so mad WTF didnt i think of trying that b4 shelling out $20 for that damn official crap