hacked psp vs hacked 3ds for retro emulation

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by J-Machine, May 27, 2018.

1. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    I didn't mean emulate, nintendo should've followed psp and put
    Clearly not reading my posts, I own a 3DS and beat tons of games on it. 3ds is much newer so I expect much more from it. What the hell was the point of a "new 3ds" if it could only play 2 "new" notable games. Was it so the 3ds could play in "30fps+" like it was supposed to in the first place, they shoulda put an n64 in that bih.

2. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    I have a 3ds, if there is one thing that I can guarantee you, it is that the low resolution of the screen is to vomit compare to the psp

Joel16 and Manana like this.
  3. Joel16

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Funny how PSP is a much older device too. I wish VITA could see some improvements but the scene is basically dead at this point.

Hopalongtom likes this.
  4. deathblade200

deathblade200 GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2016
    United States
    this alone shows you are talking out of your ass considering the 3ds uses the gba hardware to run gba games

Hopalongtom likes this.
  5. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    No, gba injects have screen issues with certain games and you have to spam the home button to fix them.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    low resolution that matters not in the slightest when it comes to retro emulation

ry755 and SG6000 like this.
  7. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    feel free to list these games because ive tested the whole usa list with 0 issues

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    thats like, what, 3 games? or is that the error that's fixed by formatting the sd card with a certain cluster size or something?

SG6000 and Manana like this.
  9. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    id like to know these games because ive not seen one gba game not perform the same way as it did on a gba (not counting sensors before a smartass replies)

Last edited by deathblade200, Jun 1, 2018
  10. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Dbz legacy of goku, minish cap and boktai. Probably more. I think the issue is on larger sd cards.

11. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    i have a 200gb card and have played through all 3 of those with no issue other then needing to hack the boktai sensor

Hopalongtom likes this.
  12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The PSP has perfect PSX emulation but the 3DS has none at all (at least none that would be considered playable)
    But the 3DS has a more correct resolution (400x240 so 320x240 games can be displayed without scaling for best clarity), whereas on the PSP you either get slightly blurry scaling or black bars on all sides.
    I think the 3DS does a better job at older systems, in particular the PSP seemed to be lacking when it came to SNES emulation, and GBA wasn't the best either (mGBA on 3DS should be better), at least on a n3DS.
    Also 3DS has a better game library.
    If good PSX emulation is important to you then PSP is the obvious choice.

Hopalongtom likes this.
  13. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    thats because psx isnt emulated on psp/vita and why bother with mgba when the gba built in hardware is miles better

14. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Alot of people experience this man, why else would Clydefrosch have posted that.

15. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    injects have gotten better overtime just like how nobody thought pokemon games could use real time clock on 3ds so if it did happen its a thing of the past

16. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    I agree with everything except better game library. I can go one for one on every great 3DS game to back up my boy psp.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Perhaps. And what about the 300 title limit, that 200 gigs can't be even close to full unless you can break it. Or run everything through fbi

17. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    there is an icon limit on vita as well so when people complain about that I just laugh and no I'm not even close to the icon limit on either system

Hopalongtom likes this.
  18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    True, but some people want cheats and savestates. It's nice to have options.

19. deathblade200

May 10, 2016
    United States
    i prefer accuracy over unnecessary crap just saying

20. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    I'm not vouching for vita but 200 gigs seems like a waste in a 3ds. Stick that thing in a PSP cuz their is for damn sure no Icon limit on them.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted