Hacked o3ds -> Stock n3ds system transfer possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Seriel, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Seriel
    OP

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Just theoretically in case I get a n3ds:
    Would it be possible to completely transfer everything on my hacked A9LH Updated sysnand o3ds to a new N3ds? I understand A9LH needs otp specific things, so how much of a hassle would it be?
    Keep in mind I want to transfer everthing, including my pirated cia games.

This is just theoretically, I don't have a n3ds but I have plans to buy one sometime soon.

Also final question, what FW do they come on? I don't have OOT3D or Cubic Ninja so it would be kinda awkward if it was on 10.7.

Thanks again.
    ~Jackus

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    It's not possible.
    It's almost guaranteed to be browserhax compatible.

3. Seriel
    OP

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Ok. That's kind of annoying but I guess it can't be helped.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    When you hack the n3DS you can transfer everything just as long as you copy SD content over manually, you obviously won't be able to transfer pirated CIAs unless you hack it. A9LH won't affect the transfer process. It would be easiest to do a sysNAND to sysNAND transfer, sysNAND->emuNAND can be problematic.
    As for firmware version I haven't heard of any 10.6+ consoles in the wild yet but they could start appearing anytime. You'll most likely get a browserhax compatible FW though.

Seriel likes this.
  5. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    As long as you don't get it pre owned you should be good but you can back up your saves at least.

Seriel likes this.
  6. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Technically, you could just back up all your saves, update both systems, do a system transfer and re-downgrade since the latest firmware version is still exploitable. Then, just reinstall your games and re-inject the saves. It will take a lot of time though.