Hacking Hacked my Fat PS3! Wohoo! But now my fans go CRAZY using Webman Fan Utility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys!

Long time I haven't posted (about a month), the thing is, I hacked my PS3 fat 80gb (2008 version) using the new exploit! Woohoo!

The problem is after installing everything (latest CFW, latest Multiman, lates Webman Mod) my fans go obsolutely INSANE at Startup, ONLY at startup, then they go back to normal. The problem is fixed by using SYSCON fan option on Webman settings, and disabling the fan control utility (but this is not ideal for a fat PS3).

Sure, you will tell me, is your temps! IT IS NOT that. My temps are fine, 65c or so, change my thermal paste also. I have made sure of it by turning the console while cold (obviously low temps) and the fans STILL go extremely loud, then they go back to normal while entering the XMB, I check the temps inmediately and they are 30c or so.

The problem is the fan utility within webman and my specific PS3,
I have:

PS3 80gb CECHL
CFW Ferrox Cobra 4.82
Webman Mod 1.47.06

Anybody know of a substitute (for the Webman fan utility), I mean this is truly crap, everytime I turn the console it sounds like a Jet Engine and I awake and disturb the people in my house! :lol:

:) Thank guys, and cheers to all! I will appreciate any input!

Last edited by nashismo,

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Mmm, I am beginning to believe is the battery inside the PS3 that is causing this, because:

My PS3 keeps asking me the date once in a while, and, the HDMI resets every now and then too and I have to choose 720p, etc, the theme resets too.

Mmm, I really wonder if somehow this is why the Webman Fan Utility suffers from this in my setup...

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Aha, do you have an old PS3 model like mine too? Because if you do, then the battery being dead might be our problem. Mmm...
I didn't check - clocks doesn't seem to reset so I think the battery is fine - *not sure if that's the signal for it.

anyway, irisman 4.82 is now available, but I guess that's the same thing as webman given that it is also aldos (Awesome guy) who also wrote it.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I didn't check - clocks doesn't seem to reset so I think the battery is fine - *not sure if that's the signal for it.

anyway, irisman 4.82 is now available, but I guess that's the same thing as webman given that it is also aldos (Awesome guy) who also wrote it.

If you unplug your PS3 from the wall, does it ask you to reset the time and date? If it does, then you have a dead battery and we could be finding the culprit here ;)

Thanks for the Irisman 4.82 info, I will check!

Last edited by nashismo,

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'll check later :)

Thanks, who knows? I have tried 3 custom firmwares by now and 3 different Webman Mods (properly uninstalling them first), but the issue remains like a tiny rock inside your shoes ;)

Thanks, and even if is very late, please let me know what you find, cheers and thanks for the feedback.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Go to the webman config page and set fan control to sysconfig. Problem solved.

I will quote myself in my first post: "The problem is fixed by using SYSCON fan option on Webman settings, and disabling the fan control utility (but this is not ideal for a fat PS3)."

I know man, but like I said, I need fan control, because I have a fatty PS3. Also, not only is the fan loud at startup, the fan speed remains higher than normal, even though Webman shows let's say 25% speed, it sounds like is going at 30% speed.

Only when I set my temps and speed respectively on Webman fan utility and then I reset the PS3 from within Webman settings, only then the PS3 doesn't go SUPER loud, and it respects the speeds I set accordingly. Hope it makes sense.

Last edited by nashismo,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I will quote myself in my first post: "The problem is fixed by using SYSCON fan option on Webman settings, and disabling the fan control utility (but this is not ideal for a fat PS3)."

I know man, but like I said, I need fan control, because I have a fatty PS3. Also, not only is the fan loud at startup, the fan speed remains higher than normal, even though Webman shows let's say 25% speed, it sounds like is going at 30% speed.

Only when I set my temps and speed respectively on Webman fan utility and then I reset the PS3 from within Webman settings, only then the PS3 doesn't go SUPER loud, and it respects the speeds I set accordingly. Hope it makes sense.

let's elaborate
let's say 25% speed
means like a Boeing 747 Flying by or a B1 Bomber

like is going at 30% speed.
an F3 Fighter or SpaceX Falcon Heavy

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, so will update this post:

I went and bought a new battery, replaced it, I also had to replace the thermal compound again cause to reach the battery you have to take everything apart :nayps3:

So, nope, it didn't fix the problem. But there is ONE thing that fixes the problem: You disconnect the PS3 from the wall (gotta have a good battery if not date will reset and is a pain to set the date and time every freaking time) and THEN you turn it on, it wont sound like a Jumbo Jet taking off, that's the only solution I got, but it SUCKS to do this every time.

What can you do, if anyone has any more ideas, please share them, cheers to all!

Last edited by nashismo,
Reactions: Richard115

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so will update this post:

I went and bought a new battery, replaced it, I also had to replace the thermal compound again cause to reach the battery you have to take everything apart :nayps3:

So, nope, it didn't fix the problem. But there is ONE thing that fixes the problem: You disconnect the PS3 from the wall (gotta have a good battery if not date will reset and is a pain to set the date and time every freaking time) and THEN you turn it on, it wont sound like a Jumbo Jet taking off, that's the only solution I got, but it SUCKS to do this every time.

What can you do, if anyone has any more ideas, please share them, cheers to all!
"disconnect the ps3 from the wall and then turn it on" How can you turn it on without it being plugged in?

Nuckels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
You got a CECHL model, this is a known bug and no one has been able to fix it. You can stop it from happening by using webman shutdown combo in the xmb or using control fan utility at every startup as a alternative way of fan controlling.

afriboy3072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First time posting something about the PS3 but did you guys follow by any chance something about installing WebMAN because you have a HDD problem that is running NTFS? Well that actually makes your start up fans go extreme crazy, you must delete WebMAN, and if you have Irisman (Just to be sure). Follow this video on how to completely delete WebMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16