Hacked my 3ds and lost my NNID how do I get it back?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by 7iven8Nine, Jul 1, 2018.

1. 7iven8Nine
    OP

7iven8Nine Shrek's Memelord

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    Hey, I hacked my 3ds with the new boot9strap because I just got back into this stuff. I was on a Menuhax+ Luma build up until now and I messed up the first time but I did a reset on took all cfw off and started over. When I got back in, I had no NNID and I tried typing in my info and it won't let me. I checked the passwords and email and still no dice. I imagine its still link to my now old and not accessible old Nand. Any way I can unlink it without going through nintendo? I got a couple games I bought I would like back.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    It should be linked to the consoles serial number. So any old nand you had should be able to get it up and running. If it was to a new console. That would be a different story on getting it back.

7iven8Nine likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can use superior clients to the eShop with none of that NNID nonsense ;)

4. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    I know. Its just more of a moral thing for me. Plus I paid for two games already and I want them back.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So just boot one of the old nands and unlink it?

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Exactly, nothing immoral in installing games you own a copy of

6. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    The thing is I bought the games on the EShop originally and have no physical copies or proof that I bought them without access to my NNID.

7. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    Update:
    I have no backup with the nnid because I only backed up emuNAND that I kept blank for strictly hacking. My NNID was on the sysNAND which, at the time, I couldn't back up. Any other ideas?

8. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    call nintendo, tell em you sold the 3ds and need it relinked. they will fix it

9. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    Its the same 3ds All they have to do is check the serial number and they would know.

10. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You still got that EmuNAND, and does it have the NNID? I think there's an option of backing up your EmuNAND and using that image to restore your SysNAND with GodMode9 scripts.

Edit - nvm. I misread your post.

Buy a used Old 2DS (or new type) on the cheap and link the NNID to that console. Tell them you've misplaced your 3DS in the house somewhere, and you can't find it. You want to continue playing on your replacement system. Give it like 2-3 weeks after linking the NNID to the 2nd system before reacquiring on your 3DS.

Sell your second one as need.

Or maybe borrow a friend's 3DS/2DS for a month to do this if she or he doesn't have anything important.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jul 4, 2018
  11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What happens when you go to System Settings and NNID Settings and try to sign into it?