Hacking Hacked Korean Wii on 3.2U can I upgrade?

creepzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guys, I have a hacked Korean Wii with 3.2U It has HomeBrew and Twilight hack (i think). Picked up the console way back in Nov 2008. Never really played too many games and hence never tried anything fancy. Recently I got the Wii Sports Resort with the motion plus gadget. The minute I load the disc it prompts me to perform a system update to a newer version. I'm very unsure and have loads of questions. Hoping some of the experts here can guide me...

Is this upgrade safe? I've Have read online that Ver4.2U can potentially brick the Wii with hacks. Which version does Wii Sports Resort require?
Is there a safe way to do an upgrade for a hacked Korean Wii with this version so that I don't have the system do an update automatically?

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
use modmii to upgrade it to 4.1 (first go in to the wizard, choose "yes", then choose "3.X", then "RC", then "U", then "4.1", after that its fairly straightforward)
then, install priiloader, and disable disk updates and you should be good to go

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never update your korean wii past 4.1 or you will brick with error 003. Also you should install cios60-v6174 version patched to Greater than v10000 into ios slots 70, 80, and 90 just in case you update by mistake. Also you should install save game exploits, Indiana PWNS, Yo-Gi-Oh for the ntsc-u. And never update from Nintendo, never go past 4.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hi