Hacked a black wii recently, haven't been on the scene for a while...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cup9192, Dec 18, 2014.

1. cup9192
    OP

cup9192 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    United States
    I've used info from gbatemp and wiihacks to set up two Wiis running configurable usb loader. No problem. That was a few years ago, even. My first attempts into Wii hacking involved installing a modchip, even. Never-the-less, I've tasked myself with soft-modding a black Wii (that apparently includes GC support) for a buddy, and chose a more recent, modern route of softmodding via wiihacks.com. I passed on the wbfs format and went straight on to nfts. No matter which updated software I download and install for wiiflow, usb loader gx, or configurable usb, nothing works. Wiiflow at least recognizes the .wbfs games, but crashes at launch. USB Loader and CFG USB Loader fail to even see the games stored on an ntfs partition. What should I do? Go back to the tried and true method of formatting to wbfs, or is there something I'm missing in following the wiihacks guide/using these familiar loaders?

2. Tiago Stoco

Tiago Stoco Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2014
    Brazil
    Santa Bárbara Do Oeste, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Hi there,

Perform a syscheck ( http://wiidatabase.de/downloads/wii-tools/syscheck-hacksden-edition/ ) on your wii and post the results here. The results will be stored on your SD card in an excel file.
    Recently I was with a Wii running without the DVD drive and that was the problem, just make sure that your DVD drive is conected to your Wii.

Bye.

3. cup9192
    OP

cup9192 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    United States
    I appreciate your willingness to help, but having hooked up a hard drive partitioned and formatted as wbfs and loaded a game without issue, I'm just going to give up on ntfs and go back to what works. Thanks again.

4. Tiago Stoco

Tiago Stoco Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2014
    Brazil
    Santa Bárbara Do Oeste, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Recently I've softmoded a Wii and the same was happening to me. Just wbfs drives was loading the games, so I've updated the old cIOS to D2xV10Beta52, and now it's loading games from a FAT32 USB Hard Disk, I'm not sure, but it looks like the version Beta 53 support NTFS partitions and Both USB Port could be used.