HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to forms (you know the rest)
SO I need to know if I were to try and trancerfer my 2ds files and games to a 3ds if I would be safe. The thing is that my 2ds is hacked with boot9strap 11.9.0-(randome number) u, with several homebrew programs, and is running with luma 3ds.
I don't want to lose anydata or somehow screw up the other system by trancerfering data from a hacked system to a clean one. Would I be good to just to follow nintendo's trancefer guild?

I know I could just uninstall all my CFW but I like it as a rom dump tool for ds and 3ds games

while I'm on it. I have a preinstalled vertion of LOZOOT3d and I want to know if it will just trancefer to the 3ds from my 2ds and be playable. (if this was under normal cercustances and there was no hacked system)

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great and all but I only want to transfer my games from my Hack 2ds and leave the 3ds clean. no homebrew transfer and leave the 3ds clean.

really the only thing I want to do with it play LOZOOT as I have carts of the rest of my games and a couple of shovelware and VC eshop games, which I know I can just dealate them from one system move my Nintendo ID and redownload them. I just can't do that with LOZOOT

Also homebrewing the 3ds takes up a lot of sd card space which I do not have.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just realized I said "leave the 3ds clean" twice

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you read the link? Nintendo's system transfer does not transfer CFW or illegitimate titles – only "clean" stuff.

Also homebrewing the 3ds takes up a lot of sd card space which I do not have.
It doesn't take up much space at all, except for NAND backups (which you should be doing anyway). Also, large SD cards are cheap.

I just can't do that with LOZOOT
If I'm not mistaken, once you register an NNID on your console, preinstalled titles become linked to your NNID. You can double-check in the eShop if you want.

I just realized I said "leave the 3ds clean" twice
You also misspelled more than a couple of things. ^_^

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, once you register an NNID on your console, preinstalled titles become linked to your NNID. You can double-check in the eShop if you want.[/QUOTE]

ok thank you

You also misspelled more than a couple of things. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm no good at spelling even though I should be :P

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have screwed up a bit...
I just did the system transfer but I forgot to install and use the homebrew program to keep homebrew on my hacked device. I can still access god mode 9. I'm guessing that means the custom firmware is still on there. I put the sd card from my 2ds into the 3ds, just thought I'd put that. Is there a way to install FBI though GM9. I'm guessing if I install FBI again I can just install what I want again. If not, is there a way to extract ds and 3ds saves from carts using GM9

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just did the system transfer but I forgot to install and use the homebrew program to keep homebrew on my hacked device.
I have no idea what you're talking about. CFW is not affected by system transfer.

Is there a way to install FBI though GM9. I'm guessing if I install FBI again I can just install what I want again.
No, you install FBI the normal way: you put the appropriate files on your SD card (boot.firm and boot.3dsx, as in https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(fredtool) ) and then redo https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html .

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just did the system transfer but I forgot to install and use the homebrew program to keep homebrew on my hacked device. I can still access god mode 9. I'm guessing that means the custom firmware is still on there. I put the sd card from my 2ds into the 3ds, just thought I'd put that. Is there a way to install FBI though GM9. I'm guessing if I install FBI again I can just install what I want again. If not, is there a way to extract ds and 3ds saves from carts using GM9
Since I assume you didn't transfer over the non-legit data, save data for any non-legit games are lost, unless you install only the tickets for your non-legit games on the target console (after hacking it of course), if you simply reinstall the games it will wipe the save data. If you originally got the games from eShop dumps (not from cartridge conversions although it's hard to tell the difference between the two if the page you downloaded them from doesn't specify) there is still a way to get those tickets thanks to the title key site. And if you still have the CIAs there might be a way to extract the tickets from them. It's kind of a hassle to do this though, so if you don't have any save data you really care about (mid-progress saves and that kind of thing), it might not be worth it.

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that CFW is not affected I just overlooked the fact that a system transfer gets rid of FBI. There was a reply (post, whatever) to this thread that had a tut for a homebrew program that kept homebrew titles on the system I was transferring from I forgot to look that over before doing the transfer.

thanks for the link mate.

Since I assume you didn't transfer over the non-legit data, save data for any non-legit games are lost, unless you install only the tickets for your non-legit games on the target console (after hacking it of course), if you simply reinstall the games it will wipe the save data. If you originally got the games from eShop dumps (not from cartridge conversions although it's hard to tell the difference between the two if the page you downloaded them from doesn't specify) there is still a way to get those tickets thanks to the title key site. And if you still have the CIAs there might be a way to extract the tickets from them. It's kind of a hassle to do this though, so if you don't have any save data you really care about (mid-progress saves and that kind of thing), it might not be worth it.

This seems like your talking about pirated games... I don't do that, I just run my cart dumps or to play homebrew games and emulators.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know that CFW is not affected I just overlooked the fact that a system transfer gets rid of FBI. There was a reply (post, whatever) to this thread that had a tut for a homebrew program that kept homebrew titles on the system I was transferring from I forgot to look that over before doing the transfer.

thanks for the link mate.

This seems like your talking about pirated games... I don't do that, I just run my cart dumps or to play homebrew games and emulators.
Oh okay. Still, the saves from your cart dumps would be gone too.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
GM9 > HOME Button > Scripts > GM9MegaScript > Scripts from palitects guide > Inject FBI into H&S > select the FBI .cia file from the SD Card

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you thinking of faketik, as linked in TurdPooCharger's post? Because that is used only to keep using illegitimate titles (i.e. titles installed via FBI instead of the eShop) on the *target* of a system transfer. That has nothing to do with titles on the system being used as the *source* of a system transfer.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you thinking of faketik, as linked in TurdPooCharger's post? Because that is used only to keep using illegitimate titles (i.e. titles installed via FBI instead of the eShop) on the *target* of a system transfer. That has nothing to do with titles on the system being used as the *source* of a system transfer.
ah ok

GM9 > HOME Button > Scripts > GM9MegaScript > Scripts from palitects guide > Inject FBI into H&S > select the FBI .cia file from the SD Card
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night