Hack Options for FW2.60 Vita? Should I just update?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Smash Br0, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Smash Br0
    OP

Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    I bought a pre-owned Vita a while back, but I haven't gotten around to using it yet. I'm new to the Vita hacking scene, so I don't know if there's any hack options available to me at this point.

Should I stay on 2.60 and wait for a new hack, or just update? I already have a hacked PSP-3000 anyway...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Unless you are wanting to play some PSP game with two thumbsticks that isn't on the PSN store I would recommend that you update and use your PSP homebrews/games on your PSP.

octopus likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    If you already have a hacked PSP, then just update your Vita and play Vita games.

The only hacks available on the Vita are for PSP mode, which gives you the same homebrew/games you would have on your PSP, with some compatibility issues.

4. Smash Br0
    OP

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    Has anything changed? I still have my Vita on 2.60 -- is there any reason not to update it, considering I missed out on buying the exploitable games before they were patched/removed?

I was determined not to use this Vita until I could get a good deal on a 64GB memory card. I finally got tired of waiting and bought one for $97.00. Ouch, so overpriced...!

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Empty

Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    Update to the latest firmware get Gladiator returns or ZHP (It has been removed from PSN so if you own it good for you!) they contain an kernel exploit which will let you to boot PSP CFW via the exploitable game which will let you play PSP games!
    You can also check out the PKG installer which allows you to install demo or free apps from other regions all you have to do is check wololo.net on how to do these things!

6. Smash Br0
    OP

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    Is it OK to post here after so long? Please forgive me if it is not.

My Vita is still on Firmware 2.60. I'd like to connect it to the 'net to download some PSN games I've purchased, but I don't want to miss out on any opportunities for Homebrew / CFW / etc.

Should I update the firmware? Are there any exploitable games left? I have a PS3 Slim 120GB, but it's not hacked.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

7. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012