1. hunter291

OP hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    when you open the memorystick, create a folder called ISO directly in the first path. Dont open any folders, just create the folder ISO directly on the memorystick.

If your PSP is for example E: on your Computer, the folder is E:\ISO

All your ISOs and CSOs go into this folder and can be started from the psp xmb.

2. mucusmembrane2

Newcomer

United States
    THANKS I JUST SENT YOU A MESSAGE WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER NEWBIE QUESTIONS I CAN'T FIND ANSWERS TO BUT THANKS SO FAR.QUICK RESPONSE TIME.THANKS AGAIN

3. Wesker623

Wesker623 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi everyone. I have a psp 1001 with 5.00 m33-6 CFW.
    Wich of all the recent CFW's is the best? Wich one hsould i upgrade to?
    Is it better to have a full or light install?
    Any special tools needed?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. hunter291

Gambia, The
    The coders of the pro firmwares have announced that a popsloader will be released. That makes this firmware a worthy opponent to the older cfw's. the most arguments against it were the missing popsloader. in my opinion, this cfw is the best one. it is for you to decide if you want it permanently installed. if you turn your psp in standby either way, I would say the 6.39 one. all the tools you need are in this thread. just read every step carefully and everything should work fine.

EDIT: The popsloader is out [​IMG] Grab it at

http://code.google.com/p/popsloader/downloads/list

Enjoy. Will update the guide with the information when I have time [​IMG]

5. Wesker623

Wesker623 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
  6. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Just use PRO.

7. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    PRO-B7 is DEFINITELY better than ME. FYI Neuron (the guy who made ME) even chipped in and helped make PRO-B7, so some of his features and such are incorporated into PRO already. I (and everyone) will suggest PRO-B7 as the modern standard. [​IMG]

8. Wesker623

Wesker623 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Ok thanks everyone for the quick replies.
    Then i'll go with PRO.
    Nice day to everyone.

EDIT: Installed 6.39 OFW over 5.00 M33-6. Had a panic attack over a blue screen stating configuration data corrupted. It fixed itself by pressing (O).
    Proceeded with the PRO B-7 installation for it to be permanent. Now i'm having some issues:
    - Gamesaves from Bleach Heat The Soul 7 and DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team can't be loaded anymore, saying they are corrupted.
    - Got latest popsloader, isn't of any use since all my ps1 eboots are working without it, exept Resident Evil 2, wich i could use on 5.00 M33-6 with some fixes, the said fixes does not work anymore, namely the pops wich doesn't do anything, exept sending me back to XMB with a error ''80000004''.
    (If using a pops under 4-5.XX it send me back, and using highter either keeps a black screen or do nothing after PS screen)

Aside from these all my homebrew, emulators and stuff work just like before. And everything in the XMB menu load instantly ^^

So if anybody experienced this or know a way to fix these two problems, help would be greatly appreciated.

Everybody have a nice day!

9. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Can i downgrade this to 6.20 ? It's a red 3004 with date code 0C , TA-093 mb , 04g ?
    Is there such a chart build by users with mb type - data code - bundle color and factory firmware or succesfully installed firmware ? Like they have for the Wii on wiidrives.com

[​IMG]

10. hunter291

Gambia, The
    Version 4g can be downgraded to 6.20. Only the newer PSP 3000 can't be downgraded to 6.20. The most important thing is if the PSP had the 6.20 on it in the past. Every 4g should have had the 6.20. So (as far as I know) you can safely downgrade your PSP.

11. adtyn_1991

adtyn_1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    hey hunter291...your tutorial was really interesting and taught me a lot and made me understand a lot...im a newbie to this CFW and all but i want to learn....im having a PSP 3001 (bought in October 2008) with OFW 6.39 ...... and i used your module checker and mine is 03g ....i want to install a CFW on my PSP very badly!!!! is there any possibility i can do this without bricking it? can i directly install CFW 6.39 PRO-B8 or should i downgrade it first to 6.20/6.35 and will there be any problem while downgrading mine? Is it possible to install a CFW permanently or what path should i follow to install permanently?

And could u explain the differences between the various CFW available for 6.39 like 6.39 PRO-B, 6.39 TN-A HEN, 6.39 Team-Nom HEN, 6.39 ME-X or LME-X and others that i may have missed out? im soo confused and dont know what to install or which one is the best and most stable!! thanx in advance for ur help [​IMG]

12. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    no the last time i cheeked 3gs were hackable i think fully to?

edit http://pix.gbatemp.net/244492/6xhackable.gif yes your psp is fully hackable

13. adtyn_1991

adtyn_1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    @ars25 --thats good to know!! thanx ....so now do i just install the 6.39 PRO B-8 or should i downgrade and install 6.20 B-8? which one is more stable and compatible with most of the homebrew apps(or what are they called...sorry im new to all this)? and compared to the other 6.39 CFW's i mentioned earlier which one should i go with? whats the difference between them all?i want to keep them permanently.....whats the difference between permanent CFW and temporary anyways..i mean whats the loss in temp and what will come up when u restart ur psp in the temp ones?

and i heard that these Lite Custom Firmwares dont have as much compatibility with homebrews and PSX and some plug-ins unlike the full CFW's ........whats the difference between a LCFW and CFW??

14. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    they are booth the same except 6.20 is perma patchable to all psp from 1g-5 while 6.39 is only perma patchable to 1-some 2g and i think yours but downgrade to 6.20 b-8 to be safe and use the popsloader plugin to have better psx compatibility and hombrew is the same

15. adtyn_1991

adtyn_1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    @ars25---ok then i guess i'll go with a downgrade to 6.20 and then CFW 6.20 B-8.....i just have a few last questions...

1) what is a popsloader plugin?
    2)what do u mean by psx and what does it do on the psp?does it have anything to do with the PSN??
    3)do i have to install any other iso loader to play iso/cso games on 6.20 B-8 or will it have an iso loader built-in?
    4)before i go ahead and install CFW 6.20 B-8, whats the difference between 6.39 PRO-B, 6.39 TN-A HEN, 6.39 Team-Nom HEN, 6.39 ME-X or LME-X, etc, etc.......

i hope u will answer all my above questions....and thanx for being soo helpful so far!! [​IMG]

16. Narayan

Narayan desu~

1)popsloader is a plugin let's you load different version of pops.
    2)psx is ps1 games, and can be converted to be psp compatible. and there are some psn version of psx/ps1 games.

that's all i know.

17. Weon Saturn

Weon Saturn Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Don't know if this been asked before, but how do you install CWcheat this? I'm using the PRO for the 6,39 (it works perfect) but I really don't know how to install CWcheat so yeah...

18. Deaga

Deaga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    On the risk of sounding completely stupid, how do I run the Module Checker? I just acquired an alrady hacked PSP 3000, but it has the CFW 6.39. I want to know if I can downgrade it to 6.20, thus having a permanent hack, but since I'm all new to this, I actually just don't know how to run it. Big thanks in advance to whoever answers, and sorry for the dumb question. ._.

19. RoMee

RoMee ??

United States
    If you're on pro cfw you can just check the system info and it'll tell you what module you have
    [​IMG]

20. Deaga

Deaga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Oh, whoops, upon checking that, I noticed I actually have 6.39 LME-5. I just assumed it was PRO because I could run ISOs directly from the memory stick, and this thread states tha PRO does so. :/

In that case, do you recommend I switch over to PRO or leave it as is? Also, does this custom firmware wear off if I turn off the console? Since I thought I had 6.39 PRO, I haven't turned my PSP off yet.

Once again, thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, every,