1. JordantheBuizel

OP JordantheBuizel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    WARNING: THIS APP AND ANY OTHER UNOFFICIAL CDN CLIENTS HAVE A CHANCE TO BAN YOU.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BANS, DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER HARM FROM THIS APPLICATION.

I recommend using https://gbatemp.net/threads/cdnx-cdn-downloader.504155/ instead of HACDN or its port(s), CDNX is much more optimized, has less of a chance of banning you and is also in C#. If you want to read this for fun, I'm not stopping you and if you want to use my app anyways, you're crazy but go ahead.

This is a direct port to C# of @SimonMKWii app. Any and every risk you are taking with that app is equal to this one. No more, no less. They both run on the same framework, .Net Framework. The only differences in code are added using statements and other optimizations. The core mechanics are unchanged. The title of this post is just a reference to the misleading title of his post.

What's different???
    Understandably, when a derivative version of an application is created, it is questioned what exactly is the benefit of this over the original? Well let me outline it in a list for your convenience:
    1. This application uses "using", Basically "using" disposes unneeded memory allocations after they are done being used. Unless I'm crazy, I saw very many disposable methods being left as is.
    2. It's written in C#. Self-explanatory.
    3. This application does not use goto statements :rofl:
    4. I personally think my code is more organized, but that's subjective; you decide.
    5. I plan on writing this in mono, or just trying to build it as is in mono. Stay tuned for details.
    6. Challenge accepted.
    Usage:
    Put in the title id of a Switch game you purchased on the eShop, put in your device id and then click download.
    The title ID is the identifier of a game, you can see a reasonably up-to-date listing on SwitchBrew.
    The device ID is extractable from your PRODINFO partition.

Download: https://github.com/JordanZeotni/HACDN.Sharp/releases

Dependencies:
    • Requires your cert, hactool and a filled keys.txt file.
    • .Net Framework 4.7.1
    Source: https://github.com/JordanZeotni/HACDN.Sharp

Sorry for the rushed feel of this, I accidentally posted a draft

Last edited by JordantheBuizel, May 18, 2018
  2. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    Uh this posted when I pressed spacebar after tabbing in whoops. Still in the progress of updating hold tight.

EDIT: Quick note that as stated on the release page this is not tested. I do not plan on testing this myself due to the fact I play Splatoon 2 regularly with a bunch of close friends and I see this as a one way ticket to being banned. Use at your own risk.

EDIT2: Taking all that into account, if someone is willing to risk testing this and finds anything wrong with it, describe the problem as descriptively as possible and I will do my best to fix it.

3. Zerotica

Zerotica Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Your Download button has no code in it.

4. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    upload_2018-5-18_9-27-14.png

upload_2018-5-18_9-27-44.png

Can you elaborate exactly what your problem is so I can look into it.

CatmanFan likes this.
  5. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    Interesting. Anyway, thx!
    And also @SimonMKWii Its more secure or bad? :D

6. Thanks..... but no thanks :)

7. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    I may have been unclear, but this is a direct port to C# of @SimonMKWii app. Any and every risk you are taking with that app is equal to this one. No more, no less. They both run on the same framework, .Net Framework.

8. JaRocker

JaRocker GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    Hey is there any easy way of getting my cert from PRODINFO if so can someone please let me know

9. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

United States
    I have seen these tools floating around and i guess my question is why do we need this at this moment?

I understand with the 3ds and wii u we could install titles from CND directly to the console but since this is not available yet. Shouldn't we hold out for the hope of downloading something from eshop and then ripping it via console hardware to avoid messing with the servers

10. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't you mean, 200% more safe?

11. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    You can use this to get your cert.

Honestly no idea, I just enjoy programming and I saw a challenging message so I thought eh why not. I'm kinda glad I did the code was a mess and full of memory leaks.

12. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Lel, you're gonna make the kid kill himself @JordantheBuizel! SciresM already BTFO him hard enough, when will it stop?!

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah that always made me laugh how Simon kept making claims of percentage safer. I felt like asking him based on what data?
    btw my comment is 87.4% more reliable that the rest of the comments here.

14. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I only believe about 3.149% of your comment.

Deleted User and comput3rus3r like this.
  15. ut0pia

ut0pia Member
    Newcomer

France
  16. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii Professional Idiot

Australia
    You managed to make a C# port without being a dick about it? COUGH @Gnarmagon
    Thumbs up from me!!! Feel free to make any changes or additions you deem necessary. (I could think of a few :))

17. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    It uses your client information from your switch to get titles. It will always have a chance to ban you.

18. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii Professional Idiot

Australia
    ^That, my original post title was a reference to how safe v3 was in comparison to v2, which didn't use any UA headers, sorry if it came across as misleading. :blush:

19. JordantheBuizel

Newcomer

United States
    I didn't even know that existed honestly, and it looks way more optimized than mine from skimming through the code so if you do plan on using a CDN client I would say use that one. If you're feeling adventurous though I'm not going to stop you from using mine ;)

20. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    I have new challenge for you devs! When atmosphere released, make freeshop!B-)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Dangerously, purchases, download