Homebrew RELEASE hacBrewPack - Make NSPs/NCAs from homebrews

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to turn snes games into nsp and install them?
It'd be possible if someone made an emulator specifically for this purpose

For example, if you altered PSNES to autoload a specific snes rom on launch and converted it to an nsp it should work?

Last edited by Syynx,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to use this but how do I get my key.dat file? I presume you need keys to get it working. I have already asked this question but no one answered me.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, you just need to change the extension on your keys.txt file to .dat
Thanks I will give that ago. I have a feeling I can get a legit nsp working of the new devmenu on FW6.0, if I could only get to work this packing part out? Obviously the op thinks hes to good to help me out because hes part of his hacking gang! else he would of done.

Last edited by Reecey,

The-4n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will give that ago. I have a feeling I can get an nsp working of the new devmenu on FW6.0, if I could only get to work this packing part out? Obviously the op thinks hes to good to help me out because hes part of his hacking gang! else he would of done.

you can't make leaked devmenu to work on fw 6.0.0 because there are lots of ipcs in fw 6.0.0 which are the replacement for current ipcs
also devmenu is licensed by nintendo and it's illegal to distribute it
it's better to use alternatives anyway

Reactions: jakibaki

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't make leaked devmenu to work on fw 6.0.0 because there are lots of ipcs in fw 6.0.0 which are the replacement for current ipcs
also devmenu is licensed by nintendo and it's illegal to distribute it
it's better to use alternatives anyway
I just wanted to try it I'm not saying it would work but it's worth giving it a go! When I meant legit I meant a working 6.0 devmenu not it works but its the same one that has been floating around for a while and I wouldn't post it anywhere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/ThatNerdyPikachu/nspbuild/blob/master/README.md

Here's a program that automates the process (not my own work) I can't use it because I don't have time to set up a compiler but it might be nice for some of you guys
Thank you I will give that ago.

The-4n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new version is out, v1.15
https://github.com/The-4n/hacBrewPack/releases/tag/v1.15

I added 64-bit build to this version

Changelog:
hacBrewPack now removes temp and nca directories before start and after the process is done. You can use --keepncadir to keep nca directory and files after the process is done
hacBrewpack no longer creates separate files for ivfc level 6 and romfs which decreases the temp folder size
Added buffer for calculating PFS0 masterhash
Fixed a bug in building PFS0 which cause duplicate filepath separator in paths

Last edited by The-4n,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...