h-encore hack for PlayStation Vita 3.65 - 3.68 released by TheFloW

DhAu5gMX4AEX6-c.jpg

PlayStation Vita owners have been waiting with bated breath for Vita scene hacker TheFloW to release his latest exploit: h-encore. This marks the second ever major exploit for the Vita, following the 3.60 Henkaku hack. For the first time, OFW 3.65, 3.67, and 3.68 can be modified to run backups, run homebrew, and more. Adrenaline, which lets users exploit the PSP side of the Vita, has also been updated as of two days ago, to support the latest firmwares.

To use h-encore, you're going to need a PS Vita on firmware 3.65 or above, be linked (though not activated) to a PSN account, and if you're using a OLED Vita, you'll also need a memory card.

Enso can also be installed, but only for those who are on 3.65--there's no current support for Enso on higher firmware. TheFloW's instructions note that this installation is far more complex than previous Henkaku releases, and will require more work to ensure that it works correctly.

Note that the following guide is for advanced users and a bit more complicated than the previous hack that only required you to visit a website. If you don't understand the guide below or how to use these tools, you should neither file an issue here nor annoy me on twitter, but rather seek help on /r/vitahacks (check for duplicated questions first!) or wait for an easy installer.

1. Download and install qcma, psvimgtools and pkg2zip (check the releases section).

2. Download the vulnerable DRM-free demo of bitter smile (yes, that's the user entry point).

3. Download h-encore and extract it on your computer.

4. Extract the demo using:

pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG

This will output the files to app/PCSG90096.

5. Copy the contents of the output app/PCSG90096 to the folder h-encore/app/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_app_PCSG90096(such that the files eboot.bin and VITA_PATH.TXT are within the same folder).

6. Copy the license file app/PCSG90096/sce_sys/package/temp.bin to the folder
    h-encore/license/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_license_app_PCSG90096 and rename the just pasted file temp.bin to 6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif. Again, this file should be in the same folder as VITA_PATH.TXT.

7. Start qcma and within the qcma settings set the option Use this version for updates to FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date).

8. Launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and connect it to your computer, where you then need to select PC -> PS Vita System, and after that you select Applications. If you see an error message about System Software, you should simply reboot your device to solve it. This should create a folder at PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on your computer (see qcma settings where this folder is), where the folder xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx represents the AID (account ID) that you need to insert here. If the AID is valid, it will yield a key that you can now use to encrypt the demo.

9. Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using:

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X

Where X is (yes, repeat it 4 times or write a script for that):
    • app
    • appmeta
    • license
    • savedata
    The folder h-encore/PCSG90096 should then contain sce_sys and all 4 folders from above, and within these folders you should find files called X.psvimg and X.psvmd, where X has the same name as the folder. Backup this folder, since if everything has been done correctly, you don't need to redo all the steps to install it onto another device with the same PSN account.

10. Copy the folder h-encore/PCSG90096 to PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/PCSG90096 and refresh the database under qcma settings.

11. The h-encore bubble with a size of around 243 MB should now appear in the Content Manager and that's what you finally need to transfer to your PS Vita.

12. Launch h-encore to exploit your device (if a message about trophies appears, simply click yes). The screen should first flash white, then purple, and finally open a menu called h-encore bootstrap menu where you can download VitaShell and install HENkaku.

13. Enjoy. Note that you have to relaunch the exploit everytime you reboot or shutdown your device. Of course if you only put your device into standby mode, you don't need to relaunch.

:download: GitHub
:arrow: TheFloW's Twitter
:!: For those on 3.60

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
but i really want to play games like persona 5 dancing that require 3.67
Then your only choice is to update. It is a tough choice to make but if you really want to then updating is your only option

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my sd2vita dont work (i have drivers installed)
Did you redirect the folder in the conffig file ?

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I update to 3.65, can I play 3.67/3.68 games using h-encore? I was able to play 3.65 games w/o 3.65 firmware w enso on 3.63 before so thats why i am asking?

Last edited by War Destroyer,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I update to 3.65, can I play 3.67/3.68 games using h-encore? I was able to play 3.65 games w/o 3.65 firmware w enso on 3.63 before so thats why i am asking?
No, and those "3.65" games you mention were mislabeled (or decrypted with Vitamin/MaiDump, in which case they're not 3.65+ anymore... nor they're the original game anymore, for that matter)

Hey has anyone tried mounting a USB stick as a memory card on PSTV? I'm using h-encore on version 3.68...
Well, have you?

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might be worth waiting for an easier guide as that is a pretty basic instruction. For reference, put the demo pkg in the same folder as pkg2zip.exe and open a command prompt there and run the command replacing PATH_OF_PKG with the name of the demo pkg.
there isn't a folder with that executable in it tho

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get the enso.vpk to install after h-encore worked? it gives me error 0x80010002.
Worked fine on a 3.65 3g IDU vita i got out of IDU mode, installed the idu.apk and removed it than installed enso.vpk
my wifi 3.65 unit is being iffy.
EDIT: my work around was to unlink the 3g vita's memcard temporarily and use the enso installer on the wifi vita.

Last edited by wolffangalchemist, , Reason: figured it out.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my vita crashes when i try to install henkaku (vita2sd or nonpdrm causes it but what of them i dont know

vita2sd dont work with hencore....fck

Ziyam

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to fix the following error after going into h-encore - "Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application."
btw its a ps vita slim on 3.65

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, and those "3.65" games you mention were mislabeled (or decrypted with Vitamin/MaiDump, in which case they're not 3.65+ anymore... nor they're the original game anymore, for that matter)

Well, have you?
Not yet, I need to back it up later on... I'll update my post later to discuss my results.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this a permanent hack, or do you need to reinstall it every time?
h-encore is temporary, if you're on 3.65 you can install Enso afterwards but that's not part of h-encore

how do i install vitashell on sd2vita
copy /app/VITASHELL from whatever device it's currently installed on to the microsd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1