cheesyPOOF5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this a rumor or is Capcom seriously not gonna do another one due to its low sales? If this is true I'm gonna go out and buy every game in the series as soon as possible :'(
edit: Well, actually, I'm going to do that either way.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No actually Gyakuten Saiban 4 had one of the best sales ever. Considering its low development cost and very dedicated fanbase. I think we will be seeing the last one come very soon.

It has been reported that Gyakuten Saiban 5 is in the works and will be the FINAL game in the series featuring Phoenix Wright. Basically it ties and ends the story of Phoenix.

Edit: Also note that Gyakuten Saiban 4 had half a million sales in Japan alone. Half a million...for a low-cost of development game...its a a real money maker for them. There is no way they are giving up this series.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh as I mentioned before, Gyakuten Saiban 5 will be the final game in the series featuring Phoenix and will also be the longest game in the series.

They did mention that the FUTURE GAMES AFTER THAT will feature an entirely new story.

cheesyPOOF5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
Oh as I mentioned before, Gyakuten Saiban 5 will be the final game in the series featuring Phoenix and will also be the longest game in the series.

They did mention that the FUTURE GAMES AFTER THAT will feature an entirely new story.

I'm okay with that. It sort of makes me sad to see Phoenix go, but as long as there is a conclusion, I'm fine.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I sort of thought that the latest one suffered a bit from not-entirely-getting-rid-of-phoenix; I wouldn't have minded just getting new plot, but getting rid of him and then having him still hanging around as some sort of wise elder character was a bad decision (and didn't suit him.)

cheesyPOOF5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
Yeah, I sort of thought that the latest one suffered a bit from not-entirely-getting-rid-of-phoenix; I wouldn't have minded just getting new plot, but getting rid of him and then having him still hanging around as some sort of wise elder character was a bad decision (and didn't suit him.)
Yeah, it was very weird.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Renegade says is true. Gyakuten Saiban 5 will be the last game of the series featuring Phoenix Wright. It will be the longest game of the series and somehow ties all the previous games together. Phoenix Wright's farewell trials.

Afterwards, Gyakuten Saiban will come to a close but they plan on bringing a brand new series not starring Wright afterwards and will have NO ties to the previous game.

This is all that I've read from an article a few weeks ago. I just wish Phoenix didn't have to go.

D

Deleted User

The thing I've been wondering about is the Judge. They're going to have a new Judge?
frown.gif
That makes me sad. Judge Love was win.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not to throw sand in anyone's panties, but I would love to see Capcom kill off this series, or at least concentrate on something other than Phoenix Wright and MegaMan for the DS. Sick of both franchises. To me, these games are scraps from the table of Capcom. We should be seeing more on the DS -- more than GBA ports. Apollo Justice does so little to distinguish itself from the previous games, and those were over-hyped, over-rated text adventures from yesteryear.

I know there's rabid love out there for these games, but I'll be glad if Capcom finally closes this case.
hate2.gif

D

Deleted User

irpacynot said:
Well, not to throw sand in anyone's panties, but I would love to see Capcom kill off this series, or at least concentrate on something other than Phoenix Wright and MegaMan for the DS. Sick of both franchises. To me, these games are scraps from the table of Capcom. We should be seeing more on the DS -- more than GBA ports. Apollo Justice does so little to distinguish itself from the previous games, and those were over-hyped, over-rated text adventures from yesteryear.

I know there's rabid love out there for these games, but I'll be glad if Capcom finally closes this case.
hate2.gif

What? Scraps from the table? It's Capcom's finest series of games ever. True Megaman is crap (In my opinion), but Ace Attorney... *sigh*.
The only thing that even comes CLOSE to the Ace Attorney series from Capcom in terms of Goodness is Resident Evil... but that's even more over-rated.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
What? Scraps from the table? It's Capcom's finest series of games ever. True Megaman is crap (In my opinion), but Ace Attorney... *sigh*.
The only thing that even comes CLOSE to the Ace Attorney series from Capcom in terms of Goodness is Resident Evil... but that's even more over-rated.

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread, but Capcom has plenty of great stuff besides Ace Attorney. Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry...the list goes on, man.

Nah, I get it; I get Phoenix Wright, but at this point, the games are nothing more than Capcom shovelware. Low budget, little effort (aside from the writing), and nothing really new. I guess I'd appreciate the games more if they had more polish, but for a game based on text, they sure need to get their editing right.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
irpacynot said:
warmijwilfaain said:

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread, but Capcom has plenty of great stuff besides Ace Attorney. Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry...the list goes on, man.

Nah, I get it; I get Phoenix Wright, but at this point, the games are nothing more than Capcom shovelware. Low budget, little effort (aside from the writing), and nothing really new. I guess I'd appreciate the games more if they had more polish, but for a game based on text, they sure need to get their editing right.
I don't really like Onimusha or Devil May Cry... Gyakuten Saiban seems a lot more innovative and well thought, to me.

D

Deleted User

raulpica said:
irpacynot said:
warmijwilfaain said:

I don't really like Onimusha or Devil May Cry... Gyakuten Saiban seems a lot more innovative and well thought, to me.

Devil May Cry is alright, but it's not as original as GS. Devil May Cry, Resi Evil, and Onimusha all were too similar to each other, really. Although they had different stories, the gameplay just felt the same to me. Dunno, maybe I'm playing completely different games, but I say that Ace Attorney is completely original.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, irpacynot, you shouldn't judge Capcom by your personal preferences. I personally can't stand pretty much any of Capcom's series with the shining exception of Ace Attorney series and Dead Rising (fingers crossed for Dead Rising 2!).
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaHe said:
Well, irpacynot, you shouldn't judge Capcom by your personal preferences. I personally can't stand pretty much any of Capcom's series with the shining exception of Ace Attorney series and Dead Rising (fingers crossed for Dead Rising 2!).
wink.gif

No, no, don't misunderstand me. Capcom is perhaps my very favorite publisher / developer. I just want to see them do something a bit more interesting on the DS. I think the first Phoenix Wright was a nice change for western folks who hadn't had a chance to play the game, and even the second was fine. But it's obvious that Capcom just wants to cash in on the low overhead involved in making these games versus the sizable fanbase.

But where's an original RE for the DS? Or a Street Fighter for the DS? They have so many AAA franchises to choose from, yet we get GBA-quality games on the DS instead. Meh...
dry.gif

D

Deleted User

irpacynot said:
MaHe said:
wink.gif

No, no, don't misunderstand me. Capcom is perhaps my very favorite publisher / developer. I just want to see them do something a bit more interesting on the DS. I think the first Phoenix Wright was a nice change for western folks who hadn't had a chance to play the game, and even the second was fine. But it's obvious that Capcom just wants to cash in on the low overhead involved in making these games versus the sizable fanbase.

But where's an original RE for the DS? Or a Street Fighter for the DS? They have so many AAA franchises to choose from, yet we get GBA-quality games on the DS instead. Meh...
dry.gif

The second was fine? But the third and fourth weren't? I'm confused ;_;

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I think is lacking from this great series is to have a little less linear-ness (if that's even a word).

You usually use all your Evidence, and must but the last case I didn't and it didn't change the story. I think they should have more of a "Choose Your Own Adventure" feel to it, where you would show a piece of evidence and if it was the wrong one, it wouldn't just go to a witty dialogue which ends with the judge going "try again" but rather they go with it all the way to a Guilty verdict. It will make it a bit mroe exciting I think because then you REALLY have to think hard.

Besides that, I love this series. I even liked the Apollo Justice being in it because the perceive was a cool new feature. I hope the next one has Apollo doing the courtroom stuff with Phoenix doing the main investigation. That way we can use Magatama AND perceive!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs