Gyakuten Saiban 5 discussion

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by luneth22, Apr 9, 2009.

1. luneth22
    OP

luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Senegal
    Well there's still no news on the latest entry in the Ace Attorney series so i wanna hear your opinions.

A slight clue is revealed that the game's main bad guy is the one behind all the "darkness" and is someone we are very familiar with.

2. agentgamma

agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    The main bad guy is obviously...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    I really hope it isn't Von Karma, he's wrecked enough lives. Who is the chit on the cover? Is it a grown up Fey sister?

4. Kingfield

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    OMG YOU SPOILED ME ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZ

It better not be though... I would assume that it was VonKarma.

5. luneth22
    OP

luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Senegal
    ]It can't be Von Karma, since he's out of the picture and Franziska has changed.

By the way, Phoenix could return to being a lawyer since in AJ he said... (spoilers for some) that he may retake the bar exam.

6. N-TG

N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    Greece
    Greece, Thessaloniki
    I wish it's Phoenix again...cuz Justice was ok...but he isn't Phoenix [​IMG]

7. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    My Tablet
    no1 here is excited about Gyakuten Kenji? I really luv edgeworth's character he's very...diverse....

8. ViRGE

ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm absolutely stoked. I just wish they would get around to announcing that they're going to do a US release.

9. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007

You just know it'll be loaded with is he/isn't he innuendoes. I worry that every mystery will somehow relate to George Michael.

10. luneth22
    OP

luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Senegal
    I don't think i'm going to like Kenji at my first look, but i'll bother to give it a shot. the saiban games are better though.

11. agentgamma

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Hot Von Karma or old Von Karma?

12. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States

13. luneth22
    OP

luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Senegal
    most possibly in GS5 they will find out. Better make a 6th episode to spice things up, like the ultimate case or something.

14. Exbaddude

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Play the DEMO! (In Japanese!

NOTE: This is not a NDS ROM, It's the website's demo.

15. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Uh that is not a new game in the series. It is more of a spin off where you play as Edgeworth. We are waiting for the return of Apollo Justice/ Phoenix Write.

16. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    If it has "Apollo Justice" somewhere in its title, I won't play it. I can't believe how bad I found the fourth game to be, after the sheer, epic awesomeness that was T&T.

17. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Remember Phoenix saying a dark hour is cast upon the legal system, I think it's the Judge that's the culprit in GS5.

If not then possible suspects could be Kristoph, Manfred Von Karma, Maya Fey, the chief justice, Gant, or Godot

18. agentgamma

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    PW3 Spoiler

19. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    why do people always flame a game just because you dont play as the same charecter as before
    its like how everybody was flaming MGS2 (pt.2) just because you didnt play as snake but the gameplay was exactly the same just like in AJ

20. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    It wasn't worse than its predecessors just because you play a different protagonist.

It had weaker humor, weaker plots and the whole bracelet thing wasn't nearly as engaging as psyche locks. The character's just weren't as endearing and there was very little chemistry between them.

I HATED the ballad they played in every single case and there was just nothing to like about the blonde rocker prosecutor. I loved the scientific gadgets it used but overall it felt like the writing had slipped. In the first 3 phoenix titles, by nature of their whacky stories you really could be surprised by what comes out in court. In Apollo, there was very little by way of surprises. Your first hunch is inevitably correct and you spend the entire case waiting for the time to point out the blindingly obvious. Everyone seems genuinely determined to remain ignorant often ignoring evidence to draw out a case that should never have gone to court in the first place.