Gyakuten Saiban 2 - English AND jap ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kurumi, Oct 18, 2006.

Oct 18, 2006
  1. Kurumi
    OP

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    Gyakuten Saiban 2, as sold by Play-Asiahttp://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-phoenix+wright+2-70-1iyq.html

My friend pre-ordered that the other day. She had me look at it and honestly, it looks like a scam to me. Maybe i'm wrong, but i have high doubts on Play-asia, i've seen them lie their way to money quite a few times...

So, i'm asking you all. Have you heard that the jap release of Gyakuten Saiban 2 will indeed be Region free as well as having a language selector between english and jap ?

I really don't want to see her get scammed from a company i already hate >.> so please help me.

2. BatWinky

Newcomer BatWinky Newbie

Sweden
    yes, it is regionfree as all ds games are and yes it will have jap and english option so order away [​IMG]

3. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    So let me get this straight. The japanese version will come out first with both Japanese AND English text?

4. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Yeah, its the same as the first DS game. The US/EUR versions don't have a date yet, just Q1.

I recently bought the JPN version of the first game simply because it was the cheapest. Compared it to the english ROM and it seems the same.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Yep like legendofphil said, the first gyakuten saiban is the same way, it's bilingual. My question is why would you not believe playasia? I've had nothing but good dealings with them and I've never seen them false advertise. Am I missing something here? They've always been known as a good vendor for importing along with liksang.

6. alexp2_ad

Member alexp2_ad Certified Smart Ass

United Kingdom
    Wait... so this means there's going to be the new English language Phoenix Wright game in under 10 days (if it get's dumped quickly)??? [​IMG]

7. Kurumi
    OP

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    Call me crazy if you will, but i've seen ads of them pretending to sell the US version of FF3 DS the day after it came out in jap. And this isn't a typo, i did not mean pre-order, i mean sell. I've also seen a few of the same style about FFXII. It's good to know they can be somewhat trusted though i'll stay with Lik-Sang. I have a bad thing for false advertisement [​IMG];;

And also, thanks for the replies and the help [​IMG]

8. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    HOLY CRAP. That means instead of waiting for the US release, it's going to come out sooner than I thought. But wait... why is the American release not until 2007? Can't they just take the english text from the Japanese version and release it like that?

9. SD5k

Member SD5k GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    No, that's just way to simple. Game developpers and distributors are one of the few creatures left on earth we still don't fully inderstand.

10. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Sure it's that simple. Look at Puyo Puyo Fever.
    But of course, shipping, marketing, packaging all has to be re-done. Usually, English-speaking reigons get it later because of this. Look at Puyo Puyo Fever.

11. Pikaash2586

Member Pikaash2586 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, I preordered my copy from Play-Asia as well. They initially promised Gyakuten Saiban NDS skins but stopped...

I'll be playing the ROM before it arrives...

Yes, it will have an English option. The first game had one as well.

12. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    they always do that. they advertise it so people and pre-order. they say that they won't withdraw the money from your account until they have the item and are going to ship it to you. and it also tells you the release date on the site. so they advertise it telling you when it is going to be released.

13. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Hmmm, I may have to call you crazy Kurumi....because I refreshed play-asia pages probably every 5-10 minutes for a day straight to make sure I get my Limited FF3 Crystal DS and I saw the ads....they were clearly labeled which region they are and the US one was there but listed as a preorder.

14. Kurumi
    OP

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    Then i'm crazy XD sorry. I still like Lik-sang more though. Or maybe they changed it /paranoia

15. tabs

Newcomer tabs Member

Philippines
    Lik-Sang seems to be a good site, but its seems they are more expensive.

Play-Asia seems to be a good site too, I was about to order but I managed to found the item here.

@ALL

Are there any other good Japanese games with Selectable Language (English)? Can anyone recommend some? Thanks!

16. squall3031

Member squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    yeah, im waiting for this game as well...
    too bad, i can't play it straiight away as i have freakin huge load of assignmennts by the time it comes out......grrrrrrrr

17. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You might still want to consider waiting. The English translation for Gyakuten Saiban 2 is not being done by the same translator for the first game. He is currently translating FF12 (OMG). That means that the English translation is being done in-house by Capcom, and we all know how great they've been doing recently. (MMBN... ugh) [​IMG]

It's possible that they might touch up the translation before they release Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All, but I wouldn't bet on it. [​IMG]

Edit: VV Yes, but that involves too much thinking on my part. [​IMG]

18. Doink

Newcomer Doink Member

United States
    You do realize Phoenix Wright was translated by like 8 or 9 people, right? Wasn't one guy. [​IMG]