ROM Hack Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 Translation

AshuraMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could say that. These errors aren't game-breaking in any way.
Welp, I have some game breaking bugs.
1-In Recipe for Turnabout Part 4-1: Trial, when you press the statement that Jean Armstrongs says that the Kudo was seeing everything in a mirror, Godot do some weird thing(the image I sent shows this error)
2-In Turnabout Begginings, when you have to show where Melissa truly was in the mountain, the hand doesn't show up, you have to guess where you are marking(I don't have a print for this one, sadly)
3-This is just a suggestion, but in the first game, before the Phoenix Wright trial, Phoenix says that he wasn't expecting to be in the defendant's chair, you guys could add an "Again" in the end of the sentence, to make more sense cannonicaly, since this is Phoenix's second time on the defendant's chair.
(sorry if I writed something wrong, my english isn't the best)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-031311.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019-031311.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: h3rmit and cc08

AshuraMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
More two bugs and both are on Bridge to the Turnabout:
1-When you have to show what's wrong in Larry's Sketch, the hand doesn't show up(with print this time)
2-After you present the killer's profile to show how he hid his wound, the music doesn't play, turning the moment into a very anti-climatic thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-131424.png
    Screenshot_20201021-131424.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by AshuraMage,

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tested it. Still not convinced of the "Purist" Treatment you gave.
I guess it's understandable, the version you played it's kinda old, and i did revisit both case 1 and 2 (As in, i re-wrotte them entirely), but i think that's not the problem you have with my translation, which is alright.

Thanks for trying it anyways!

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welp, I have some game breaking bugs.
1-In Recipe for Turnabout Part 4-1: Trial, when you press the statement that Jean Armstrongs says that the Kudo was seeing everything in a mirror, Godot do some weird thing(the image I sent shows this error)
2-In Turnabout Begginings, when you have to show where Melissa truly was in the mountain, the hand doesn't show up, you have to guess where you are marking(I don't have a print for this one, sadly)
3-This is just a suggestion, but in the first game, before the Phoenix Wright trial, Phoenix says that he wasn't expecting to be in the defendant's chair, you guys could add an "Again" in the end of the sentence, to make more sense cannonicaly, since this is Phoenix's second time on the defendant's chair.
(sorry if I writed something wrong, my english isn't the best)

More two bugs and both are on Bridge to the Turnabout:
1-When you have to show what's wrong in Larry's Sketch, the hand doesn't show up(with print this time)
2-After you present the killer's profile to show how he hid his wound, the music doesn't play, turning the moment into a very anti-climatic thing.

Thank you for your feedback! All the bugs have been noted and will be worked on once we get back to GS3!

P.S.: I should note that bugs are considered to be "game-breaking" when they prevent you from progressing the game. While the missing hand cursor is indeed a somewhat "game-breaking" bug, the others are just audiovisual bugs that only affect the aesthetics and not the game's functionality. Nevertheless, we'll make sure to fix all of them when the time comes :D

Last edited by h3rmit,

RealGaea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I guess it's understandable, the version you played it's kinda old, and i did revisit both case 1 and 2 (As in, i re-wrotte them entirely), but i think that's not the problem you have with my translation, which is alright.

Thanks for trying it anyways!
I hope to learn one thing or two being here. Contact me in RH.net (I tested the version you posted there), I have the same account name. Also I want to edit some GBA colors.

Reactions: OmegaTheGreat

AshuraMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fun Fact:When Capcom ported Gyakuten Saiban to DS(Gyakuten Saiban - Yomigaeru Gyakuten)they updated the script to make more sense canonically(Like, when Phoenix talks to Maya that he´s going to take her phone from Gumshoe, he thinks "(So, Gumshoe took it...)", but when he finds Gumshoe, he didn´t remember his name), but for some reason, the japanese guys handed the GBA script for the translation. I thought to suggest you guys to use the updated japanese script, but I couldn´t find a translated version of it, but I find a forum with the japanese script of the game, some gamecom website that talks about unused content in PW:AA, including some things about the updated japanese script, and I found a Gyakuten Saiban vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attoney blog that compares the two scripts, but this blog has a lot of pages and I could only find the comparision between GS4 vs. AJ:AA. If this is going to somehow help you guys, here are the links:
Unused Content in PW:AA:https://gamecom.neocities.org/Ace_Attorney/AA_Unused_Content/en/
Script Forum:https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29682
GS vs. PW:AA blog(original):http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com/
GS vs. PW:AA blog(new):https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/

Last edited by AshuraMage,

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Fun Fact:When Capcom ported Gyakuten Saiban to DS(Gyakuten Saiban - Yomigaeru Gyakuten)they updated the script to make more sense canonically(Like, when Phoenix talks to Maya that he´s going to take her phone from Gumshoe, he thinks "(So, Gumshoe took it...)", but when he finds Gumshoe, he didn´t remember his name), but for some reason, the japanese guys handed the GBA script for the translation. I thought to suggest you guys to use the updated japanese script, but I couldn´t find a translated version of it, but I find a forum with the japanese script of the game, some gamecom website that talks about unused content in PW:AA, including some things about the updated japanese script, and I found a Gyakuten Saiban vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attoney blog that compares the two scripts, but this blog has a lot of pages and I could only find the comparision between GS4 vs. AJ:AA. If this is going to somehow help you guys, here are the links:
Unused Content in PW:AA:https://gamecom.neocities.org/Ace_Attorney/AA_Unused_Content/en/
Script Forum:https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29682
GS1 vs. PW:AA blog(original):http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com/
GS! vs. PW:AA blog(new):https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/
I gotta say, while the new script for the jp version fixes some stuff that don't really make sense once you play the later games, it does get rid of some other moments that make the game more enjoyable, like when you acuse Von Karma of being the killer, the new jp scripts gets rid of the reaction of everyone in the courtroom and the judge line saying: "THE von Karma that's standing there?"

Also, the few mistakes they made are really tiny, you can fix them easily and it would be a lot faster than using the new script and re-writing the 2 first cases IMO

Reactions: AshuraMage

AshuraMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I gotta say, while the new script for the jp version fixes some stuff that don't really make sense once you play the later games, it does get rid of some other moments that make the game more enjoyable, like when you acuse Von Karma of being the killer, the new jp scripts gets rid of the reaction of everyone in the courtroom and the judge line saying: "THE von Karma that's standing there?"

Also, the few mistakes they made are really tiny, you can fix them easily and it would be a lot faster than using the new script and re-writing the 2 first cases IMO
Yeah, it would be much faster too just fix the mistakes instead of translating an entire script and rewriting 2 cases just to change some errors, but I thought it would be cool too brought this up. And for the Von Karma thing, it´s really a shame that most japaneses doesn´t know about the reaction scene.

OmegaTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, it would be much faster too just fix the mistakes instead of translating an entire script and rewriting 2 cases just to change some errors, but I thought it would be cool too brought this up. And for the Von Karma thing, it´s really a shame that most japaneses doesn´t know about the reaction scene.
I mean, in the original gba release they DO know about that scene, since that's the original script, but for the DS and onward, they removed that scene :I

AshuraMage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, in the original gba release they DO know about that scene, since that's the original script, but for the DS and onward, they removed that scene :I
welp only in the GBA this scene is present, but the GBA was the least sold console that Ace Attorney appeared, so not many japaneses know about that scene.

YagamiKagerou

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wow, it seems that it has been overlooked in every version!

Nevertheless, we'll be fixing that in the next patch, since it's a very obvious error.
Sorry, I think the download link for Gyakuten Saiban 3 is not working for me, can someone provide an alternative link? Also I'm just wondering if you can use Gyakuten Saiban 1 patch 004 save data on upcoming update patch?
Edit: I found this thread on a reddit post, I never knew there was projects for these!

Last edited by YagamiKagerou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)