Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 Translation

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by cocomonk22, Feb 28, 2008.

1. h3rmit

h3rmit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    Greece
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do. It may be possible, I am still working on it.

JSilva32 and Objection! like this.
  2. h3rmit

h3rmit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    Greece
    Gyakuten Saiban 3 Patch 015.8

• Re-written the redisplay font routine to show text correctly after save/load

• Fixed the game freezing when a new episode is added

• Repacked the image of Blackmail Letter to fix a graphical glitch

After a long day of experimenting with the font redisplay routine, I was finally able to write a nice workaround for it.

• The text is restored after returning from the Save screen (by pressing Cancel).
    • The text is restored after Saving the game and Loading it again without resetting the ROM.
    • The text is restored after returning from fullscreen evidence details.
    • Saving the game while in a multiple choice screen does not crash the game.
    • X The text is lost after resetting the ROM and loading the game from a savegame.

3. Objection!

Objection! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    Finally ^.^ I'll also keep you informed if I found something :)

Is there a way for you to fix the reset rom glitch?

Last edited by Objection!, Apr 30, 2017
  4. h3rmit

h3rmit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    Greece
    Probably not. The text seems to be lost when the game is reset, and there is nothing to display. I've searched the working for traces of it, but so far I haven't found anything that seemed like the missing text.

5. Kippykip

Kippykip j e f f

Mar 30, 2013
    Australia
    Wow I didn't think this project would be still active

6. NierLuc

NierLuc Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    Anticipating this game so much. More power!

Last edited by NierLuc, Jan 29, 2018
  7. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    DS has better music, larger resolution and the first game has an extra case that makes use of the mic and touch screen during investigation.
    GBA also only made a temporary save to you couldn't just save before presenting evidence/answering something and reload if you get it wrong.

Last edited by Kourin, May 16, 2017
  8. DeadlyRevengexX

DeadlyRevengexX GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2017
    United States
    Hey, Hi, Hello. I'm from the future. 9 years into the future to be exact.

Was this game ever complete?

9. Bart Lemming

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    So glad to see this project still has life in it. GBA Master Race FTW!

10. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Woof

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    You tell us

11. DeadlyRevengexX

DeadlyRevengexX GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2017
    United States
    See, in the future humans have grown.. lazier, and alittle bit dumber. So instead of going to google to search up something, we invent time machines, go back in time and then Google for an answer. We don't make much sence in the future.. but we try.

Btw.. since it's 2006 I have one piece of advice for you all: Go to My Chemical Romance concerts as much as you can before..... if a Gorilla gets shot, please.. don't care.. andddd if a thing called fidget spinners become a thing, stop it.

Oh um.. also, if you all could finish this GBA project before more people from the future time travel back to this thread.. that'll be great. :p1ng:

12. OuterHeavenJesus

OuterHeavenJesus Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Hey @h3rmit just wondering what the status is on this project. As there are people still interested.

Last edited by OuterHeavenJesus, Jun 28, 2017
    ItsKipz, mikeprado30 and Bart Lemming like this.
  13. Objection!

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    Hello guys! H3rmit isn't really active this time around.. so sad huhu

14. Bart Lemming

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    Do you mean H3rmit is no longer a part of this project? Just looking for a little clarification. :)

15. Kyrio

Kyrio Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    France
    No, he is. He's even the only member of the team! ^_^

Oh and in case h3rmit reads this: I'm sorry for not giving any feedback despite saying I would back in April. I had a lot of stressful things to deal with lately, but testing the patches is still on my task list!

mikeprado30 and Bart Lemming like this.
  16. Bart Lemming

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    ^
    Phew! So, there's still hope then. :)

Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

17. JSilva32

JSilva32 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2017
    Portugal
    Hi. I have recently played Pokémon Emerald. I have noticed something about the text. In all main series GBA Pokémon games, there are two lines of text displayed. When there's text that's continuing, the text scrolls up, and draws the next line of text. Basically, when there's a piece of dialogue where there's three lines of text, the first two lines are drawn, then when you press A (or automatic where applicable), the first and second lines scroll up. The first line disappears, and the second line is at the top, where the first line was originally. The third line of text is drawn at the bottom, where the second line was originally. Since the three line textbox is difficult to implement in the GBA from what I heard, I think this is better than the current method of drawing text, where the third line of text is drawn as a different textbox. This is something I'd like to see in the project, and I wonder if this is possible. I just got that idea from playing Emerald.

Last edited by JSilva32, Nov 20, 2017
  18. iSubaru

iSubaru Kitsune

Apr 14, 2009
    Poland
    Gensokyo
    Ah yes indeed, I think I have coded something like this for fun that one time on DS. If that could be achieved somehow in this translation, we would possibly be saved, the question is "if".

That's bugging me for few days already. I would place a bet on some anti-piracy security but on the other hand...anti-piracy? In GBA times? I dunno... (then again, Mother 3 on SNES if memory serves...good lord...)

Objection! and JSilva32 like this.
  19. Objection!

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    How is the project going guys??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Anybody here that knows a lot about rom hacking? If so, please help h3rmit finish the game, I really wana play it!

20. Objection!

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    Hey guys! I found someone who's "maybe" able to help! His name is "SkyBladeCloud"

Please see screenshot

If @h3rmit is able to see this, please contact him, please! Please help me get @h3rmit see this!

Attached Files: