Gaming GWIH#6, Pyramids Demo Available NOW

masterchan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pyramids demo is available now to download from Nintendo's eShop, go get it while it's hot guys ...
you get 30 uses with this download ...

445568fc.jpg

3a7fe639.jpg

3270447a.jpg

64e88425.jpg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not particularly impressive, I mean the framerate goes from too smooth to not smooth at all, and the gameplay isn't exactly puzzling, seeing as you can play blocks ANYWHERE without complication or restriction.
The levels themselves appear to be restricted to a single screen's dimensions, with only one mandatory objective: Collect the Ankh that opens the exit. You can try to collect all of the treasure for a second star, and within the time limit for a third star, but it doesn't feel all that grand to accomplish it when it's only a matter of figuring out the fastest path.
Every time you clear one of the 6 levels available you get reminded to buy the full game so you can scan QR codes.
They did make a good effort with the 3D effect, there's a lot of depth with some of the visuals, although the actual gameplay stage itself is awfully flat using sprites this is still a good way to do it, reminscent of some older games.

I don't think this is worth a buy sadly, I'm hoping that next week's demo will be something better or more deserving like Super Pokémon Rumble, or Kid Icarus Uprising.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this in the NA eShop as well?
NA and EU regions seem to have different demo release schedules, the eShop content in general varies a lot.

I think NA's first NES title was Metroid, and ours was Super Mario Bros, and I think we got Punch-out earlier too.
We got the CRUSH3D demo earlier, but the Mario and Sonic London 2012 demo much later.

If you can check yourself, it should have been live since yesterday actually.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I downloaded this yesterday since it's the day they usually add stuff to the eshop, so this isn't really from today. =S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself