GW3DS Possible way to prevent grey white stripe crash

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wintermute808, Dec 9, 2013.

1. wintermute808
    OP

wintermute808 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Hello,

This is my method to prevent the stripes crash that some experience when booting into GW GUI.
    Please comment as to whether or not this worked for you. I put this in another thread but I believe it got buried and I wanted to know if this helps others.

When entering the GW Gui, wait ten seconds after the bottom screen loads. I count to ten slowly after the GUI loads and then I launch the gateway mode on the 3ds. I don't hold L beyond the GUI loading.

When I got this crash in the past, I would reinstall the exploit on the blue card then use the step mentioned above

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    I've never once crashed after booting the GUI holding L and then instantly running the exploit from there.

It never seems to work though if I don't hold L.

3. memoryofds

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I also have sometimes crashes but only if I want to make things fast. The blue light in the right between the displays blinks. As long as it blinks, I don't start Gateway mode. So I don't get freezes.

4. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Other people will get the grey lines constantly if they have a cart inserted on entering GW mode

5. youra6

youra6 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    Interesting. I was able to back up my NAND but not able to get into the GW UI to format the emuNAND.

I can't even get to the GW UI anymore, much less into GW mode.

I get either a gray screen with the lines or sometimes, it boots me back to the menu screen.

6. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    LOL
    the crash cant be predicted or prevented, its just luck
    the code is buggy (and a bit messy to be honest)
    its about a 50% chance on boot if it crashes or not

7. youra6

youra6 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    Mine fails every time. I might to try it with a different SD card.

8. arasch

arasch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Everone has its one method :lol:
    I wouldn't say that it's a 50% chance to enter GWmode. Entering GWmode works for me everytime, when I press the L button, while there could be a 75% chance to enter it while not have any cart inserted.
    No idea, why other people need to do other things to succes...

cateater1 likes this.
  9. cateater1

cateater1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    cheshire
    ha, yep mine is hold L into gui, move an icon to the right let go of L, repress L and boot Gateway. Its random as hell and works most times but there is no one way to boot every time its a beta so i expect it.

10. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I actually do something similar on my first try and it fails, after this I lose my patience and do the process faster (without standby phases) and it works (after a couple of failed attempts).

I learned this by myself, so basically you may want to enter to Gateway/classic mode without losing time because the process may fail more than once, but it will succeed at some point.

11. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    You've seen the code?

12. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    I doubt he has, even if he did imply it.

13. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you forget who posted the Decrypted files before then

14. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands

this is relevant to your claim how?

15. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    The best way is to push L entering the DS profile and boot the Gateway mode. Never encountered any issues then, crash, freeze or anything.

16. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    The decrypted launcher didnt really do alot, the first one was dropped in the #3dsdev irc channel and only a few people actually took time to study it and understand what it was doing, and even then the magic people expected/wanted never happened, maybe we would have an sd method by now if was was properly decrypted and documented and people actually understood it.. :) Not even sure if people have full info on all the patches etc, Didnt realise 2.0 version was decrypted, but only a small percentage would be qualified to pinpoint even the patch differences let alone the code is buggy, I think just using the beta proves that more than anything else

17. NotASpamBot

NotASpamBot Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2013
    Netherlands
    A trick that works for me is press the home button, after the launcher crashes
    You will go to the EmuNand.
    No need to reset the 3ds.

18. olfa

olfa GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2013
    Bolivia
    same problem with other clones too
    what i tried -> unplugged everything (power cord, ear pluggs)