Hacking [GW3.0.4] Launcher.dat not working on Micro SD card

2skies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 4.2 sysnand/9.5 emunand and I recently copy/pasted everything from my 3ds' SD card onto a micro SD card (with SD adapter), and I can't launch gateway mode. When I do, it will kick me back to sysnand and when I try to reload it, I get a black screen error message.
I have no problem loading Gateway mode with the SD card I have. Any thoughts?
It's a Sandisk Ultra+ 32GB formatted FAT32.
Do I have to be using an SD card and not a micro SD?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 4.2 sysnand/9.5 emunand and I recently copy/pasted everything from my 3ds' SD card onto a micro SD card (with SD adapter), and I can't launch gateway mode. When I do, it will kick me back to sysnand and when I try to reload it, I get a black screen error message.
I have no problem loading Gateway mode with the SD card I have. Any thoughts?
It's a Sandisk Ultra+ 32GB formatted FAT32.
Do I have to be using an SD card and not a micro SD?
It goes on the SD card. After not being lazy and actually reading your post. It should work with the adapter. The issue is probably because you copy and pasted everything, try formatting emunand again.

Reactions: 2skies

2skies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes on the SD card. After not being lazy and actually reading your post. It should work with the adapter. The issue is probably because you copy and pasted everything, try formatting emunand again.

Thanks for the feedback. :) So I can get into Gateway menu with the micro SD card, you're suggesting I format emunand from that menu? Will that screw up anything or lose .cia installs, saves, emunand update, etc?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback. :) So I can get into Gateway menu with the micro SD card, you're suggesting I format emunand from that menu? Will that screw up anything or lose .cia installs, saves, emunand update, etc?

You'll have to reinstall the .cia but your saves should be fine as far as im aware, when you boot into the gateway menu on the SD card can you launch emunand on that one? Have you made an emunand on your SD card, try on that first because if it works fine then the issue is with your mSD.

2skies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I can boot into emunand with the sd card but not with the msd to which I copied all the sd card data

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you have to make a new emunand, its tied to the console, which is effectively that card.

oh actually theres a tool somewhere, emunand tool, do a search in the forums for it, that will inject your emunand from one card to the other.

MurderSentry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand tool is extremely useful for injecting emunand back ups. Before you format anything make sure you have a regular back up of your SD card with your saves on it to your pc. This is different from a NAND backup. I wiped all my saves because I didn't know the difference.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just "format emunand" in gateway menu and reupdate it etc then, right?
Emunand is a 1gb hidden partition on a flash card. So to make a duplicate you can't just copy files. You first need to format an emunand on the new mSD card from the gateway menu. Then use the emunand tool to inject your old emunand into your new emunand. Then copy the file structure over.

Before you do anything. Backup, backup, backup. This includes the 3ds folder structure on the flash cards AND keeping an emunand backup on the PC made with the emunand tool.

Please find the emunand tool release and support thread and at least read to first post.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand tool is extremely useful for injecting emunand back ups. Before you format anything make sure you have a regular back up of your SD card with your saves on it to your pc. This is different from a NAND backup. I wiped all my saves because I didn't know the difference.

Okay I just downgraded to 4.2, I installed the DS exploit, right now i'm formatting Emunand. I'm assuming my next step is to update/redownload games, but how do I copy my saves from the SD backup into the emunand after that? If the emunand card takes up my SD slot, how do I get the saves in there?

2skies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution found here: export old emunand from the SD card, format emunand on the new micro SD card, inject it onto the new micro SD card. Flawless victory. Thanks all! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night