Hacking Gw works with 9.7?

Sigma305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just making sure, Ive been away for so long, I currently want to update to 9.7.0-25, is it compatible?

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just making sure, Ive been away for so long, I currently want to update to 9.7.0-25, is it compatible?
No, you will lose access to any current exploits if you update your SysNAND to 9.7. If you're talking about EmuNAND, you can't yet use Gateway with an EmuNAND higher than 9.6 because Gateway has yet to release an update for it. You can, however, use RxTools EmuNAND on the latest firmware version 9.7, but you can't use any homebrew or ROMs or unsigned stuff with it as of yet.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you will lose access to any current exploits if you update your SysNAND to 9.7. If you're talking about EmuNAND, you can't yet use Gateway with an EmuNAND higher than 9.6 because Gateway has yet to release an update for it. You can, however, use RxTools EmuNAND on the latest firmware version 9.7, but you can't use any homebrew or ROMs or unsigned stuff with it as of yet.

9.6 with GW? did i miss something?

D

Deleted-19228

No mess, very easy to understand.

Sky3DS works with all current firmwares
Gateway works up to 9.2 and can run emunand up to 9.5

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway needs to release an update to emuNAND 9.6 or 9.7 for it to work.

What you CAN do is use rxTools to run emuNAND at 9.7 and link it to your sysNAND.

Problem is... no homebrewing support for rxTools yet.

Stuck in-between a rock and another rock, with a giant hard place up your butt.

Basically a bunch of people got tired of waiting and started trying other options. Now that 9.7 is out, we're hoping Gateway releases an update. But don't bet on it. We may not see an update from GW till 10.0. If ever... but we're trying.

That, or GW needs to share code so we can do it ourselves. (let the roaring troll laughter begin)

And I'm not even going to touch the N3DSXL... it gets worse.

D

Deleted-19228

You have more of a chance of seeing emunand on old 3ds than you do of EVER seeing it on n3ds. They even stated that it would be a long time, if ever to go passed 9.5

Reactions: Osmosis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night