Hacking [GW Rom] How to edit and inject Pokemon in Pokemon X/Y?

dmuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, guys

How can I edit and inject Pokemon in Pokemon X/Y? I'm using .3ds backup on Gateway.
I found a tool called "Card2/Nand Save Backup & Restore" to extract my save.
And there's the "PKHeX" to edit my Pokemon.

but what else do I do from there? How do i get my PKX? How do I inject it back to Sav?

From what I read on the PKHeX post, they say injection work with Gateway now but they don't give instruction.

Also, is there a program to edit the whole sav?

I can only find bit and pieces, I don't know how to connect the dot. If there are post about this whole process, please refer me to it. I'm not sure if I've been searching for the wrong key word or what?

I would really appreciated this, because I always want that Mega Latios/Latias.

Update: In case, someone noob like me come along, I successfully inject pokemon into my save. and Here's what I do:

What you need:
  • Your backup ROM, whether it be .3ds or .3dz
  • savedatafiler from SDK
  • PKHeX
  • GW 2.6
Steps:
  • Run GW mode
  • Select your Pokemon game from your multiRom menu (don't open the game)
  • Run savedatafiler (assuming you already install its CIA)
  • You will see "CTR card" press Y to export to SD card
  • Turn off your 3ds, and copy "main" file from this directory "/filer/UserSaveData/Folder/ID Game/" in your SD card
    ("main" is your save file)
  • Open your "main" via PKHeX and edit your save to your heart content :lol:
  • After editing, go to "SAV" tab on PKHeX's Box interface, click "Export SAV" to export your editted "main"
  • put the new "main" back to where it was in the SD card, and load it back to your 3ds
  • Run savedatafiler, go to SD tab and choose to import your newly editted "main"
Hope it works for you guys, too.
btw, thanks again Oishikatta

Reactions: thetechguy95

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use the card2 save backup program because they're encrypted. You need to use GW 2.6 and savedatafiler.

xyzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have GW2.6 with latest FW Emunand. Pokemon X and savedatafiler are installed in emunand as digital titles, so I easily am able to create any Pokemon I want in this disposable save and than trading to the main game.

Can I somehow utilize this set up to edit the save from a retail Pokemon X card that is playable on 9.0+ system? Or do I need the CFW exploit from govanify?

dmuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, Oishikatta. Isn't the save inside the .3ds file? How do that application find the save for backup? I googled it a bit and someone said it only work with digital copy or .cia?

otakusensei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an eshop version of Y. I use savedatafiler to extract the save to my SD card, then edit the main file from the extracted save with PKHEX. Then I use savedatafiler to import the save back in.

My understanding is this will not work with .3DS roms on Gateway because of the encryption used. Gateway bypasses the encryption on 7.x+ firmware by substituting the pre 7.x keys (or something). This causes those saves to be inaccessible to savedatafiler (again, or something, I think). Either way it means that you need to use an eshop/cia version of the game to extract a save file this way and your currently saved games on rom or played using classic mode are SOL.

Someone correct me if I'm off.

dmuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The most important thing is my save progress, I just want a few pokemon that's not available through normal mean. My point is, Can I convert my save to work with a CIA, since CIA save confirm to work?

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an eshop version of Y. I use savedatafiler to extract the save to my SD card, then edit the main file from the extracted save with PKHEX. Then I use savedatafiler to import the save back in.

My understanding is this will not work with .3DS roms on Gateway because of the encryption used. Gateway bypasses the encryption on 7.x+ firmware by substituting the pre 7.x keys (or something). This causes those saves to be inaccessible to savedatafiler (again, or something, I think). Either way it means that you need to use an eshop/cia version of the game to extract a save file this way and your currently saved games on rom or played using classic mode are SOL.

Someone correct me if I'm off.

I have a retail copy of pokemon y, I played it on emunand classic, I then dumped that with gw and turned it into a .3dz. then I placed that on my gw red card and can use savedatafiler to copy that save to the sd, then use pkhex to edit it then transfer it back to the 3dz copy with no problems.Though a scene rom would work too. I just cant get it to go back to the original cart becuase savedatafiler doesnt work in emunand classic.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an eshop version of Y. I use savedatafiler to extract the save to my SD card, then edit the main file from the extracted save with PKHEX. Then I use savedatafiler to import the save back in

So that worked? Cool!

My biggest concern would involve the anti-savegame restore nonsense... but I suppose if you edit it the right way, the values it's looking for on the NAND won't change due to you editing it, so maybe that's not really an issue?

Reactions: Margen67

dmuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG:hrth: my save backup using savedatafiler also work! but I am still editing. If this is working, I'd edit the first post and tell everyone else how I do it. I'm so excited, I need to find some PKX first, though.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG:hrth: my save backup using savedatafiler also work! but I am still editing. If this is working, I'd edit the first post and tell everyone else how I do it. I'm so excited, I need to find some PKX first, though.

There have been at least 4 different threads about PKHex. It is working.

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have 4 GB HDSC Memory card for my 3DS. Would that be good for injecting Pokes back and forth from PKHeX and into my game? If I saved the file onto there

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well nope you cant then....all you could do is decrypt your save and look at it, you cant inject anything into it....and even then you need powersaves/eshop version of the game
Some people said. That you could make your own method of hacking. Or etc. Is that true?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Some people said. That you could make your own method of hacking. Or etc. Is that true?
who ME......closest i come to hacking something was chopping a tree down.......i kinda gave up half way:lol: , if you mean "you" as in anyone....well anyone with a 4.x console, but unless i have missed some major "we can hack all saves thread" in the past few days, this stuff is still limited to 4.x consoles only

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who ME......closest i come to hacking something was chopping a tree down.......i kinda gave up half way:lol: , if you mean "you" as in anyone....well anyone with a 4.x console, but unless i have missed some major "we can hack all saves thread" in the past few days, this stuff is still limited to 4.x consoles only
Like hacking/modifying firmware. Coding and etc

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yeah. I hate to say say this but. You might of actually missed something of other methods besides 4x FW

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Like hacking/modifying firmware. Coding and etc
but who me specifically? nah im not a dev....i mess about with stuff but just for messing abouts sakes any real developments would come from real dev's not the likes of me :P
And yeah. I hate to say say this but. You might of actually missed something of other methods besides 4x FW
im fairly sure i haven't...:P your probably thinking of the cubic ninja exploit.....but that doesn't allow any stuff like save hacking etc

feel free to link something if you think it exists

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte