GW possible to put save back on original cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by alpha_noj, Feb 11, 2015.

1. alpha_noj
    OP

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Planning on getting MH4U this weekend, and want to dump and play it as a ROM. But if I ever get a N3DS, was hoping I could upload it back to the cart. Can save data filer do this?

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Until someone can patch Gateway's launcher to allow SaveDataFiler/other installed CIAs to run while in classic mode, you can't. I've seen one homebrew dev with 9.x emunand with this working, but they aren't sharing their method, so your out of luck I'm afraid.

3. alpha_noj
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I just realized the gateway menu has an option for this, but I'll have to test it out.

4. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Savedatafiler in the 4.5 modified NAND image running from SD card (read; NOT CFW) can do it with card1 cartridges that were created with under 5.0 save encryption. Card2 is impossible currently, as is any other game where the save was created in above 5.0 system menu. It always reads '-- BROKEN --' for me.

5. alpha_noj
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I'm currently on sysNAND 9.2 with emuNAND 9.5, so like I said I'll have to attempt it with one of my carts. I was able to dump MH3U with no problem, so will attempt making slight changes and uploading back to the cart to see if that works.