GW Getting removed card message with some frequence ...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sliter, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well this started before my 3DS fell out one time ... now I was playing smash brothers (I open it on the GW menu, not an Instaled Cia) online and on the middle of the battle this happens , more than one time
    if I don't touch the GW and do the exploit, its open the GW menu (with the opitions of game backup, creating emunand and stuffs) .
    well did I just ruined my gw?:/

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Im really not sure what you are talking about...:blink:

3. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    in middle of playing the console says like I just removed the game cart

4. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    Does it let you boot into gateway mode from the menu?

5. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Sometimes a buggy SD can cause problems. If not properly seated or it's gotten corrupted sectors for whatever reason. Try reformatting and putting your files back on. Make sure the SD is firmly secured.

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Several users including myself have found the problem is flakey Sd card readers. They crap out frequently, try getting a new usb one and fromatting your card again.

7. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    yes it does, but I have to reinsert the card after the bug :v
    Thank I will try it .. I think my SD is one of these " without brand" lol just came with the GW when I bought it
    well had a time I don't used the redaer so I don't know .. I will try the one above to see what happens

8. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    One of those iffy "without brands" likely is just lying about its capacity. You likely wrote more to the card than it can hold, and managed to override some sectors of SSB or something else.

Sliter likes this.
  9. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well the size it's says on label is the "same" of acutuall size xD (It say 8gb, but is 7,something XD ) so it's ok .. I formated again and everythings eens working normal for now o3o anything else I post here , but looks like I was worried for no reason XD
    Thanks guys!

10. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    Sometimes with cards like that they fake the size, They make them so that they show they are a certain size when they are actually smaller. You should try and copy 8gb of data to it and see if you can access all of it.

11. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    even formating with these progras that say " fix size" ? but I will test it! Thank you ^^

12. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    If you have used SD Formatter and checked fix size, you confirmed the real size.
    However the microSD with roms might have compatibility issues.
    My Transcend class 10 32GB microSD has problems running some .3DS/3DZ files that work fine with my SanDisk class 4 8gb microSD. If you have a different brand microSD laying around try to use it on the games that say "game card removed"

Sliter likes this.
  13. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Yes I used the SD formater, then the windws to make it exFAT again ( I dididn't find an option on Sd formater to do that :v )
    sadly I don't have more to test here but since fromated it's not having the problem for now, but anything I get a new of a brand to test out

14. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Its also possible there was a fragment, so formatting might have done the trick.
    I can confirm it sometimes is a brand issue, as I had three cards of the same brand have the same issue with the ROM in question.