Sumsquat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,
I've got a o3DS (9.2 SysNAND, 10.3 rxTools EmuNAND) and I wanted to reuse my old R4i-SDHC 4.5.
So I installed Gateways Bluecardfix.cia into SysNAND(FBI, Destination:NAND). After that, DS Support stopped working. Even Retail games(Tested Naruto: Ninja Council 2 and Zelda: Spirit Tracks) aren't starting.
How can I make this undone? Is there any way to remove the fix, without the risk of bricking my 3DS?
Greets and thanks in advance,
Sumsquat

The9thBit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why everybody insists on installing GW's Bluecardfix.cia. Flashcarts work perfectly fine without them as long it's been updated...and even if it hasn't been, you can update them as long as you have a way to launch them (which just happens to be one thing rxTools is great at, as well as original DS systems).

Either way, if you still have the cia lying around, go ahead and take it into FBI/Title Manager/What have you and, without installing, check what the cia id is. Then remove the cia with that EXACT same ID from your sysNAND. Make sure it's EXACTLY the same; if you delete anything else from your sysNAND then you will very likely brick yourself.
I know it sounds scary, but you really have no other choice.

Reactions: Sumsquat

loco365

Trophies
XP
I really don't understand why everybody insists on installing GW's Bluecardfix.cia. Flashcarts work perfectly fine without them as long it's been updated...and even if it hasn't been, you can update them as long as you have a way to launch them (which just happens to be one thing rxTools is great at, as well as original DS systems).
Well, you can't update a card that was blocked back in 4.X, such as the AceKard 2i. This allows you to use it again.

Reactions: Zidapi and Sumsquat

Sumsquat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you all so much! Just installed Flashcardtimewarp + downgraded to 4.0 TWL_FIRM and it works flawlessly. You guys are the best!

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Strange, I have O3ds downgraded to 9.2, and I installed bluecardfix, ds games are working like charm from gateway blue card.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not enough for ak2i on my o3ds i had to downgrade twl firm as well (i hear its not safe to downgrade twl firm on n3ds)
I don't think it's unsafe (it'll just black screen whenever you run a DSi game) but rather think the N3DS just has its own version of TWL_FIRM.

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
May you link it, please?

@The9thBit Thank you very much, got my NDS Compatibility back!

Now, is there a way to get my flashcart running? Maybe downgrade TWL_FIRM or use anything else?

I tried this... because I was in the same situation where I lost my DS compatibility, I did this just as you. And I still don´t have DS compatibility back :S Can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr