GW BlueCard only plays US DS games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    My US backup of Pokémon Gold works fine along with other US games, but I just tried running another one which was EU and it just gave me white screens. Is there a way to bypass this?
    Also, I have to do the NVRAM Install thing every time a boot a DS game otherwise the DS Profile exploit stops working. Is this normal? Having to do it every time I mean. Thank you.

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I think you need to be a little more specific as to what you're using. The blue card plays nds roms, and Pokemon Gold is not an nds rom.

3. Darklinkreturns

Darklinkreturns Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    Gonna go out on a limb and assume he's talking about Heart Gold.

4. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    The blue card should be region free. Can't say for sure on a new 3DS. You should make sure the ROM is not corrupt by using it in an emulator.

5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    ds game is region free on 3ds.
    flash should not restricted by region lock:lol:

6. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Only DSi games ever made use of region lock. DS flashcarts are all DS mode which there is no region lock for. Some DSi enhanced games like Pokemon Black/White and Black/White 2 were known to be region locked, but only if run in DSi mode which you can only really do with an old flashcart that is now blocked by 3DS firmware. If run in DS mode, it's not region locked. ;)

Ronhero and cvskid like this.
  7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    That is good to know, this whole time i was thinking if you bought a retail japanese normal ds game and tried to play it on a usa dsi it would not work due to region locking.

8. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    For some reason, the English versions of B/W/B2/W2 weren't region-locked :P
    I think it's because they're using the exact same rom for all English releases (be it the NA US release, the European English version or the AUS one), so they made it region-free.
    I had found a video of it a while ago, but I can't seem to find it again... I have a thread and a Bulbanews article about it though, but can't find the video again. :/

Game Code is IRAO on both US and EU English versions, though (for White). Would usually have been IRAE and IRAP, respectively.

Last edited by Ammako, Nov 18, 2015
  9. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Then I think the game might be currupt although it seems odd. I'll give it another go with a different game. Thank you for the replies, and yes, sorry, I was talking about Heart Gold.