Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I started having an issue over the weekend and wanted to see if anyone else has run into it before. I set up a new homepass using the guide on GlacierGaming here:

http://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/640/homepass-tutorial-for-3ds-version-94-on-windows

It works really well and doesn't even require any internet connection to get streetpasses. So anyway, I have CIA's installed for the MiiPlaza games and am also using said streetpasses in Bravley Default (3DS ROM on SD card in the GW). The issue I'm seeing though is in the middle of either a plaza game or Bravely Default my system will hault and show the black "An Error has occurred" screen.

When I reboot, I lose all of the previous current streetpasses I had and I'm taken right to the Plaza Entrance in MiiPlaza. To be clear, I do not lose all of my streetpasses, only the most current ones I was currently using in plaza games.

I'm sure it's something with the Homepass and not needing to set up an actual wifi connection on the 3DS, or when streetpasses come into the unit that causes the problem. I just wanted to post and see if anyone else has had similar issues at all. I tried searching the current thread's and didn't see something similar.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I some times get this on the stock firmware with non Flash card games. It hasn't happened in a while though. I think it may be due to the amount of Steet Passes that come through, perhaps Nintendo did not design the software with that many passing through in such a short space of time.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I some times get this on the stock firmware with non Flash card games. It hasn't happened in a while though. I think it may be due to the amount of Steet Passes that come through, perhaps Nintendo did not design the software with that many passing through in such a short space of time.

That's what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if it was an issue with emuNAND or not. Since I unlinked my sysNAND I can't really test it on the stock system anymore since I'd rather not muck it up and potentially download an upgrade on accident. It'd be nice to get more than 10 streetpasses at a time though!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried stopping the script and rebooting your 3DS? Might be a long shot but worth a go maybe

Nah I haven't spent too much time on it since I was too busy enjoying all of the incoming streetpasses. Once I get all of the puzzle's complete I may do some more testing, I only have about 300 more to go so sometime this week I can get around to it.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, until other people test there's clearly no real way of knowing. This happens on emuNAND and this streetpass method worked without issue on sysNAND before introducing CIA and ROM play. So as of now I would say this is GW related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: