GW 2.2: Backed Up My Copy of Mario Kart 7 ... Cannot Successfully Load Save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xplic1T, May 15, 2014.

1. Xplic1T
    OP

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    At a standstill. I used Gateway 2.2 to backup my cart of Mario Kart 7 to test if I could go online and load my save.

Backed up game and the save and then replace the .sav I had on my 3ds SD card. Loaded up the game fine in Gateway mode but said save was corrupt. Any thoughts as to why ?

[​IMG]

Going to check about online.

2. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    You have to rename your dump "dump.3DZ" and rename your save with the same name of the rom "dump.sav"

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you don't rename the save to the name of the dump, the save has to be named using the title id of the rom,
    so 0004000000030700.sav if its eu copy
    or 0004000000030800.sav if its us

and remember to make sure the rom is indeed renamed to .3dz

4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    That's a standard problem, you cannot use the old .sav save files with your MK7 dump it will always come up with a corrupt save issue, just continue with the game.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    it sounds like he is wanting his save from his retail cart, not a old gateway save, he can continue his save from his cart if he follows the steps correctly

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    You cant buddy, you can use your save with the retail cart in classic mode but you cannot use your cart dump in Gateway mode and use your old save files, it wont work, it will come up as corrupt and new save file will be created. At the end of the day a retail dump being used in Gateway mode is the same as a scene dump being used in Gateway mode, no difference, none of your original save files will work, the only difference is your injecting a header into a scene dump for it to work online but your retail dump has already got the header to work online.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i does work......as long as the rom is a dump of the exact cart the save is from with matching header the save will work for the game played in .3dz format

if you just patch a random header in it will not work, also the save has to use a 512kb save chip.....which mario kart does

reece71079 likes this.
  8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I didn't realize it was you m8, your avatar has changed ;), well in this case he's probably rite, he knows more about this then I do.

gamesquest1 likes this.
  9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    don't worry the subject is quite complex, but i know for sure it works with mario kart no matter what configuration you played the game on,

the only cases where it won't work is if the game fits into one of these categories
    a) the dumped save file is smaller than 512kb
    b)the game uses 6.x save encryption and it has been played on a retail updated console instead of emunand

mario kart has 512kb save and does not use 6.x encryption so regardless of how or where it was played the save will be compatible when set up correctly :P