Hacking GUYS new exploit dropped for ps4 5.50 (Discussion)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Tho Sony says there won't be "Pro only" games, I feel that some newly released games apparently exceed the hw power of slim and original PS4. So even if they didn't lock up the possibility to run them on your slim/original, soon most of the game will be painful to play on a non-pro PS4. At that time you'll have to choose between a laggy PS4 that can play backups and a Pro that can't. If you got both on Pros, you won't have to sacrifice anything, for a small charge. And it's getting harder to sell a used slim.

But it's your money, so your call bro.

makes sense bro, i was really lacking the 170$ for another pro tho.. so yeah, will have to be okay with the slimps4 i guess.
i did notice the regular ps4 having less sharpness/clarity in overall picture, my pro looks better for sure on my 4k tv.
edit: and oh also another thing i noticed was, in ow there were some places where i would run around and jump it would have a jittery effect on the screen like fp drop maybe? and i never had that on my ps4pro.

well just gotta wait for spoofers then for the pro (when CFW eventually becomes a think on 5.01-5.05 that is.)

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
sorry what was this about ?
did he not keep his 'promise' in that one?
iirc. he actually did release the kex for 4.55 right?
about the 4.55 kexploit
yes he released the kexploit 2 weeks ago
but it took him 11 months to release it
the 5.0x kexploit he have right now its almost 6 months old

Last edited by TheGreek Boy,

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just a reminder of what qwertyoruiopz have said in the past

https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/869633237320159234

Sure, and he kept his word. He released the BPF exploit.

What he omitted then and now is the time frame. ^__^

Anyway, if all the whiny kids are so impatient and don't know how to spend the 6 or 8 months before the exploit appears (my guess), they could implement the exploit themselves: the 5.05 kexploit is hidden in plain view.

If you reread his previous tweet you'll find that the BPF kexploit was fixed with FW 4.70 by removing the bpfwrite function, but the real issue, the "free after use" is still present (his words) and it only needs a different implementation.

So the race condition is still available, he described the defect at the beginning of February, like Fail0verflow last October, and released a working implementation at the end of the month (instead of Fail0verflow) I would guess because he was bored. Personally I would have waited till the last day of March for the lulz. ^__^

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
about the 4.55 kexploit
yes he released the kexploit 2 weeks ago
but it took him 11 months to release it
the 5.0x kexploit he have right now its almost 6 months old
then why is he still keeping it when it has already been patched?

so he says he will release, but the time it takes him to release them to the public is based on his whim?

edit: hope it is permitted to post links to wololo , everyone just get in here and read it all.

http://wololo.net/2018/03/12/ps4-hack-latest-status-5-50-5-05-updates-qwertyoruiop/

imo. it will be a waiting game.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@TheGreek Boy you are now putting words in his mouth. He said he would for 4.55 and he did. He didn't give a timeframe so whether it's a week or 11 months that's up to him.

No evidence says that he will release the patched 5.0x. He may, or he may not do so. Overhyping things that are not remotely true is no different than tabloids. So just.. stop

If he does, we'll hear about it. If he doesn't, then he promised nothing.

Reactions: KiiWii

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
@TheGreek Boy you are now putting words in his mouth. He said he would for 4.55 and he did. He didn't give a timeframe so whether it's a week or 11 months that's up to him.

No evidence says that he will release the patched 5.0x. He may, or he may not do so. Overhyping things that are not remotely true is no different than tabloids. So just.. stop

If he does, we'll hear about it. If he doesn't, then he promised nothing.
no i didn't say anything about 5.0x. it's just a reminder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass