Hacking GUYS new exploit dropped for ps4 5.50 (Discussion)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can deactivate your PS4 on the sony website too if you really want to.
yeha that's my plan, but i thought i would also be able to "delete" the acc/user? from my pro.
hmm that'must be it ,i could just try deleting the user and that might also rid it from the trophies thing.

edit: from website to deactivate it says "You can only deactivate your PlayStation®4 system directly from the system itself." and shows the steps.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
there is no private 5.50 kexploit yet LOL
but there is one for 5.01-5.05 right ?

(btw. it was very easy to setup my slimps4 as primary, will just have to figure out what to delete on my pro to keep the psn safe, might just use that initialize option the quick one, won't need any sign in/updates to do that i hope.)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What matters is its not 100% and my console freezes at various points.

This is a bug report for the "100% sucess rate" its supposed to have.

If I load HEN VTX 1.4, with new userland, it either loads fine, but fails to load games, or memory errors loads game to a freezes and freezes entire OS when I try to restart my console, or it works first time and loads games fine.

@mech its weird it wasnt doing this last night, just this morning when I tried to load little nightmares.

Just tested again and worked first time, loaded fc primal perfect.

Perhaps little nightmares is also corrupted now somehow. The loading times on it were horrendous, but now today it just simply doesnt load. Weird.

FYI theyre all on internal.

Edit 2:

Closing applications takes forver... perhaps my hdd is on the way out?!

Edit 3:

Yeah, somethings up, games wont close, turning off or restarting console causes system to freeze or hang (like it used to with rest mode), so something isnt right here......

Edit 4:

Removed and reinstalled little nightmares, loaded hen first shot, and the game: its working again.

Either something corrupted, or something is amiss here. Im not daft, so this is abnormal behaviour.

I still feel there is something not 100% with this latest update.

I've been having the same game freezing/long loading behaviour too but not with the latest 5.50 webkit, the one before. I thought I was having HDD problems too, since sometimes I can hear the HDD "click" randomly when playing games. Either it's Hack related or we're both unlucky and our HDD's are both about to fail :P

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having the same game freezing/long loading behaviour too but not with the latest 5.50 webkit, the one before. I thought I was having HDD problems too, since sometimes I can hear the HDD "click" randomly when playing games. Either it's Hack related or we're both unlucky and our HDD's are both about to fail :P
I've had both the clicking and endless loading many times. Not sure if it started on 4.55 or was there on 4.05 too.

Reactions: ploggy and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had both the clicking and endless loading many times. Not sure if it started on 4.55 or was there on 4.05 too.

& @ploggy

Weirdly I never had these issues with 4.05 or 4.55 v1 (thought it took 4-5 goes v1). Its just strange that its effecting powering off the PS4 too, so I suspect its utilising similar area in memory to the rest/power mode settings? Its definitely quicker in terms of launching the exploit, but imho its thrown up a few unexpected side effects.

I managed to play games, close them, and power off again quite happily eventually after a few trys and reboots.

Reactions: ploggy
D

Deleted User

Heres how its going to work for me,if there is no kernel exploit by the middle of april ill probably be updating.I have no real reason to jailbreak my ps4 besides homebrew,since i already have games on my psn account and the new god of war will be releasing soon.My ps3 on the otherhand is a diffrent story since there are no more games that release on it,so im fine with waiting months for the rumored stable 3000/ss jailbreak if i have to.

Last edited by ,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
& @ploggy

Weirdly I never had these issues with 4.05 or 4.55 v1 (thought it took 4-5 goes v1). Its just strange that its effecting powering off the PS4 too, so I suspect its utilising similar area in memory to the rest/power mode settings? Its definitely quicker in terms of launching the exploit, but imho its thrown up a few unexpected side effects.

I managed to play games, close them, and power off again quite happily eventually after a few trys and reboots.
Hmm, I never came from 4.05 mine was always on 4.55 so to me its always been like this :P but if it is a issue with the 4.55 v2 Webkit and didn't effect 4.55 v1 maybe it can be fixed?
Perhaps this should be brought up with the guy who made the 4.55 v2 Webkit?

But I'm just glad it's a common issue and my PS4 isn't on its last legs ;) horray for that. :toot:

Reactions: KiiWii

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you do it that way too c: ?
hummm, so should i keep the slim for the hax?
i actually got a version which says to be on 4.55 according to the bundle fw thread, but it came on 4.7x

so you mean to say i should use my pro for online gaming?

Just buy 2 Pros. Worth the extra $. I did that too. And yes mine came with 4.7x too. But it will eventually got hacked. And you will always need 2, one for PSN and one for homebrew.

Reactions: rommy667

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Just buy 2 Pros. Worth the extra $. I did that too. And yes mine came with 4.7x too. But it will eventually got hacked. And you will always need 2, one for PSN and one for homebrew.
na did not have the buck and did not feel the need for a 2nd pro to be honest.
because on the slimps4 i bought i will only be playing OW (i literally did buy it only for my OW gaming) and OW does not benefit much from the Ps4Pro so meh just my 2 cents regarding the matter.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
na did not have the buck and did not feel the need for a 2nd pro to be honest.
because on the slimps4 i bought i will only be playing OW (i literally did buy it only for my OW gaming) and OW does not benefit much from the Ps4Pro so meh just my 2 cents regarding the matter.

Tho Sony says there won't be "Pro only" games, I feel that some newly released games apparently exceed the hw power of slim and original PS4. So even if they didn't lock up the possibility to run them on your slim/original, soon most of the game will be painful to play on a non-pro PS4. At that time you'll have to choose between a laggy PS4 that can play backups and a Pro that can't. If you got both on Pros, you won't have to sacrifice anything, for a small charge. And it's getting harder to sell a used slim.

But it's your money, so your call bro.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tho Sony says there won't be "Pro only" games, I feel that some newly released games apparently exceed the hw power of slim and original PS4. So even if they didn't lock up the possibility to run them on your slim/original, soon most of the game will be painful to play on a non-pro PS4. At that time you'll have to choose between a laggy PS4 that can play backups and a Pro that can't. If you got both on Pros, you won't have to sacrifice anything, for a small charge. And it's getting harder to sell a used slim.

But it's your money, so your call bro.
Rumors point to the PS5 coming out in 2020 so there won't be enough time for a dramatic shift in processing requirements. I could see games at solid 60fps becoming rarer but "painful" framerates seems extremely unlikely.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rumors point to the PS5 coming out in 2020 so there won't be enough time for a dramatic shift in processing requirements. I could see games at solid 60fps becoming rarer but "painful" framerates seems extremely unlikely.

Even when PS5 is out, PS4 will still be the main platform for most games for some time, just like when PS4 just came out. It will took a while until most games are PS5 only, but that period most PS4/PS5 dual-platform games would likely be painful to play on a slim.

Also, I doubt PS5 will come out by that time anyways, as Xbox is no longer a threat to them, they have no reason to release a new console.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Except HEN.

Yes, but game developer won't change their timetable just because of piracy alone. A larger user base with privacy is still better than a much smaller one.

If PS5 is out, sure you'd need to buy one for the 1.0 fw, but you'd still play games on PS4 as PS5 at that time is just another Xbox One X with no real games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: