Guys know how to avoid record on police ticket?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by kevenka, Jul 17, 2008.

Jul 17, 2008
  1. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As the topic suggest... I recently got a ticket and I believe the officer told me that if I pay my ticket before the deadline, they'll keep it off my record...Only problem is my parents say otherwise. They claim that if that is even possible, that nobody would have a raise in car insurance...but I believe the officer did say that...Any opinions if it could even remotely be possible? (I live in the U.S.)

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    It depends on your state, like in Florida, you can take a 4 hour course, pay your fine, and you won't get any points on your record.

3. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yea....I live in texas...

4. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    The cop probably knows what he's talking about. I would take his word over your parents.

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Im sure you have his badge number. (I know a badge number isnt a phone number) Try calling him or something; through the precinct. Or just call town hall or something.

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Also, the ticket you got should have all the details, what to do, and what will happen when you do this etc.

7. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    For information such as this its best to refer to the online website of the DMV

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administratio...rol/drp/drp.htm
    https://www.msb-gila.com/ePay/Faq.aspx#a1#a1

and what violations result in points

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/fids/200505125-1.html

And some general advice as to how and when to fight

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/paying-tickets.php

From the way the point system works, its 100% unlikely the points will be wiped if you pay it on time. Sounds like a sneaky way for the cop to get out of court duty in the event you try to fight it to be honest.

8. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    Do you have a Teen Court in your area? You can do community service instead of paying for the ticket/hiking up your insurance and it will be stricken from your record.

9. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I know a great way to do it in PA. When you mail in your fine, put on an extra buck or two. They'll mail you back a check for the amount over. Destroy the check. Don't cash it. If you don't cash it, the cycle is never complete, nothing goes on your record. After a few months, they'll send you another check. Do something different with that. Every few months a check will show up for whatever amount over you paid.

A friend did this. I know it works. We had parties every few months (...well, we had parties much more often but these were special) where we'd find new and creative ways to dispose of the check. Spraying it with mousse and lighting it on fire, then flushing it down the toilet, still lit (well, after most was burnt), or tearing it up into very small bits and using it as a confetti bomb to the guy that showed up last, or whatever. Be inventive!

Now, i don't know if this'll work in other states.... but i suppose its worth a shot.

YAY LOOPHOLES! [​IMG]

10. Apex

Member Apex GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Even if he lied, shouldn't you pay it on-time anyways?

11. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    like link said it depends on state, and on other things like how soon you got your license after you got the ticket. If you got your license this year then most states make you take a retraining course. Best case scenario you pay the fine and your insurance goes up a little. If you pay for your own insurance a one ticket difference is most policies. Happens to everybody.

And usually it needs to be a moving violation, Speeding, Reckless driving, ect. If its for something like window tint or disturbing the peace your insurance doesnt care about that most of the time