Gunna sell my PSP on eBay

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CheatingSoi, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009

Gunna sell my PSP on eBay by CheatingSoi at 7:10 PM (1,550 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I am going to sell my PSP 2000 with CFW on eBay so that I can make a decent profit before the PSPGo comes out. How can I mention that it has custom firmware without getting caught or being in violation? Would simply taking a picture of the firmware on the screen and not mentioning it anywhere else work? I realize it probably can't be done. I listed an old PSP phat a while back stating that it had CFW and it got taken off the last day.

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Ooops misread, really just put a normal FW on it, most people dont know about CFW and stuff. And its not worth the hassle of it being taken down for that really.

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Dude, KEEP that PSP.

4. GbaDoctor

Member GbaDoctor GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr

Italy
    I would suggest the same as Ferrariman.
    Keep the psp. Prolly the Go! will take a load of time before it gets someway hacked (since the 3000 is partially hacked and with very orthodox ways).

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    idk, back in the day I remember seeing some steep prices on ebay when People sold their PSP's with custom firwmare. I dont really want to sell the PSP but I want to get the PSP Go just because I'm ADD when it comes to having the latest console. I figure, I make about 100 bucks for the PSP, I recently made 50 on ebay. Now I just need another 100 within 3 months.

6. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Seriously, I'd keep the PSP. PSPGo isn't worth it at the moment. I'd wait a few months and wait to see what it offers and then decide if you want to sell it or not.

7. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Thing you have to consider is if and when the Go gets hacked, it could be quite a while. Plus you are paying a lot for no real improvement over the 2000 you already have, unless you consider no UMD and a smaller screen an improvement.

8. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I don't care if it cant be hacked, I don't play my PSP as it is. I just want it to see how it is and have the satisfaction of owning it. Plus I can carry it around everywhere and show it off.

9. GbaDoctor

Italy
    things have changed. Nowadays ebay is flooded with old psp phats and 2000 customized, or original 2000's that are customizable (since later revisions arent). So, there is a huge flow of psps and a probable customer have a vast choiche now.
    I doubt that you can rise a good amount on psp, the value has dropped dramatically and customizing one takes no pain with pandora battery and stick, most of them are sold everywhere.
    Go! is sexy thought. Smaller screen, better button layouts, slide up form and some other things. Plus the newer xmb will come probably with a different firmware to include Go!-only functions (like stanby clock, so they plan to make it very battery-durable) ergo it will take alot to reverse engineer it and stuff like it.
    TBH i would like to play my emus, specially arcade ones, on the newer Go!. Im sure that the newer screen and the better pad layout will drastically improve the gameplay experience.

10. p1ngpong

Croatia
    lol that reason is so ridiculously stupid I laughed. Good luck to you! [​IMG]

11. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    You wont be laughing when I have a PSP Go and you don't. Unless it does end up sucking.

12. GbaDoctor

Italy
    I dont plan to get one only if it become hackable.
    I will get one because prolly Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, GT Mobile and MotorStorm will be more "better" to play on a smaller screen (althought its just an half inch, but the res is notably better, backlight as well) with a better button layout.
    Plus i like the downloadable games thing, most of the prices are affordable if you have a work and a credit card.
    Isos and warez usually leads to a thing: a huge amount of games, pirated, that you never gonna play.

13. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

how many PSP's are you selling you sold one not so long back here

at least post it in WTS if your wanting to actually sell it instead of hyping it up here in OFF TOPIC! [​IMG]

14. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    The down-loadable games are a problem for me because I don't have a credit card, but I'd much rather have that that a UMD. I dont know how you are going to be able to transfer UMD's to the Go but maybe you will be able to go to the store, pick up a game and then transfer it to the system, ALthough, I would imagine you would have to trade in the game to be able to transfer it. As for the smaller screen, Idk, like you said, its not by much so Its kidna like the DSi but the opposite way. You can look at it in a good way or just Neutral. Theres nothing really bad about it.

lol, that was a PSP I bought from a friend for cheap so I could fix it and sell it which I made like about $50 profit on. And I'm neither selling my psp or hyping it up, I'm just wondering how to sell it.

15. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    lmao someone actually wants a psp go?

16. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia

My guess is that the PSP he sold there (wherever you're linking to) is the PSP he tried to sell on eBay but it got taken off. Maybe.

It seems Soi really is a sucker for fancy new gadgets. Fat PSP, slim PSP, PSP Go... it wouldn't surprise me if he had a DS, DS Lite, and now a DSi. And all three iPhones.

17. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Pshh, who would have all 3 DS's [​IMG]

18. GbaDoctor

Italy

Sony have something up in his sleeve afaik, regarding legally owned umds that cannot be played on the newer Go!.
    I think that is something related to the game unique id and serial number. A form online will require you to enter these unique infos phisically printed on the disc, or any other infos only printed on the disc (it would be too easy to have just the box on the serial).
    Thanks to that check the server will give you a code redeemable thru psn or a link to your game to download on your newer go.
    This is the best thing imho to sort the umd stuff out: naturally sony needs to block rentals for those copies that are retail (aka non-rental versions) since usually rental copies have a separate serial number organization.

19. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    But what if you have the UMD, put in the code, then sell the game and someone else buys it and tries to enter the code for their Go?

20. jamesan43

Newcomer jamesan43 Newbie

United States
    Ill buy it dont put it on ebay