Hacking Gundam Ghiren's Greed Translation

MRSAMPLE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Does someone have the link mentioned above?

EDIT: Found it, the downloads for the patches are still active in the thread archive. Don't download the one on the OP, on the following posts there are newer versions and fixes.
I can't post links, as I just made an account, but just google "desuarchive 17096874" and the first result most likely is the one you need.

Last edited by MRSAMPLE,

zandor117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gihrens greed translator on 4chan has released an update.
This current release now has all special plans, and unit weapon/ability names in addition to the UI, menus, pilot and unit names and stats, location and terrain names that his original translation had. The only things he has left to translate are the dialogue and some UI elements.
His translation requires a modified ppsspp emulator that he also provides.
desuarchive(dot)org/m/thread/17850289

lonl123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG ZANDOR! Thank you oh so much for letting me know about the translation! I just got it up and running and it works great! I have wanted to play this silly ass game (Or different incarnations of it) for YEARS...Tried to play using some online translation, but I would get frustrated and quit. Have actually played the game now for a few turns and had some battles. THANK YOU! If I wasn't dirt fucking poor, I would pay pal you something. All I can do is say Thank you very, very much!!

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. I'd love to be able to play this in a translated form. I wish however they had not gone to that Law/Chaos bar when they moved from Blood of Zeon to Threat of Axis (and V)... I liked the political system from Blood of Zeon...

I was trying to get this up and running myself and I've done the umdgen patch but I can't get it running.

Trying to load the game gives me "could not load game. failed ot load executable"
ELF/PRX truncated : 2379040 > 2378700

Last edited by lordgoober,

zandor117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
translation update
all faction intro events have now been translated
for downloads check the pastebin link in
desuarchive(dot)org/m/thread/17850289

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG ZANDOR! Thank you oh so much for letting me know about the translation! I just got it up and running and it works great! I have wanted to play this silly ass game (Or different incarnations of it) for YEARS...Tried to play using some online translation, but I would get frustrated and quit. Have actually played the game now for a few turns and had some battles. THANK YOU! If I wasn't dirt fucking poor, I would pay pal you something. All I can do is say Thank you very, very much!!

im not the translator. im just passing the word.

zandor117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gihren's Greed: Menace of Axis V English Translation v5 released
this is the first release to translate any event dialogue, specifically it translates a ton of event dialogue for Gihren's campaign. If you plan to try out the translation I recommend going down the route where you don't send Char supplies, and you send Ramba his Doms as those are the White Base events that have been translated.
For those who aren't familiar with this translation other than the new dialogue stuff mentioned it also translates all special plans, and unit weapon/ability names in addition to the UI, menus, pilot and unit names and stats, location and terrain names. The only things the translator has left to translate are the dialogue and some UI elements. You'll need to use a custom version of the PPSSPP emulator to play the translation as it uses a modified texture replacement feature for most of the translation. The emulator is included with the translation. Follow the included README file to set it up properly.

Translation Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/3fLsrSit
Translator's Pastebin account:
https://pastebin.com/u/GihrensTranslator

Again I am not the translator. I'm just passing the word.

Last edited by zandor117,

ditongo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm not understanding how to install, is there a tutorial or video that teaches? Or any of you could do it, it would help me a lot. Thank you

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For lovers of tactical RPGs and the original Gundam series, this translation is a godsend, and a fantastic unexpected surprise. :P
Anyone who has already tried it, can tell me if it is actually playable on real hardware, or only on that modified PPSSPP?
A possible answer would be of great interest to the many fans of the series, who would avoid downloading 1gb iso in vain. :glare:

supergundamfan12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anybody help me i'm trying to use this translation but when i do teh file import i get the unable to force positions due to first file position in Filelist being to low. how can i fix that?

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, I watching this stuff going on for a years, this is already translated almost everywhere where it's matter, but you need to use PPSSPP for large part of the translation to appear. Hopefully that translation will resume.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more