Guitars for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Hooya, Oct 22, 2007.

Oct 22, 2007

Guitars for Wii by Hooya at 2:05 AM (1,167 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  2. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Looks like a mistake on their part, it says the original price is 99, but they cut it to sixty. I think the game comes with.

3. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm freaking excited about this game but dam 90 euro's is much. And isn't the guitar for the wii not just a body around the controller, so wth why so expensive. I probably can make one myself, hmm maybe i will

4. Shinji1989

Newcomer Shinji1989 Advanced Member

Germany
    "Product Description

Wireless controller for Guitar Hero III"

5. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    No way I'm going to pay 90 euro's for a game.

6. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    yeah, but the game is 2 player (at least). So you need two guitars. I'm not buying the bundle with the game twice just to get the other guitar.

For those of you griping about the price, read that ign article and some of the comments below. Everyone is complaining about the price, but it's exactly the same as it's been on previous editions, and for Wii users it's cheaper than the PS3 or 360 versions, so we really have no right to complain.

The Remote in the guitar adds functionality, but the guitar shell is still pretty sophisticated since it interacts with the remote using the same interface as the nunchuck. I don't think it's possible to make one yourself.

7. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2792417
    ^This is what I'm trying to say, they had the "List Price" as 99, but their price as 60. I assumed that the 99 was for the full set, and that toysrus had reduced it down to sixty, and just made a mistake calling it the "guitar only" but since the full set is only 90 then it IS only the guitar.
    Still, it ain't like I was complaining about the price or anything like that. >_>

8. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    60 euro's for a plastic fake guitar is still much

9. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    so whos going to be the first to spray paint the guitar faceplate when it comes out

10. bullet2urbrain

Newcomer bullet2urbrain Member

United States
    I saw today there is 3 versions of the Guitar Face.. one with the Union Jack, one with the US of A flag and the other just plain white.

I thought about painting mine already but not sure what i would want other than flat black with the Famous Stars and Straps logo in the lower corner

11. moggymatt

Member moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've only just got round to getting my hands on a PS2 and a copy of guita hero2. I loved it (even though the timing isn't perfect)

You could never make your own guitar. Its not just a shell its got buttons and switch and a wammie bar. £60 would be a fair price, and I'm sure you'll be able to by a 2nd guitar without the game bundle. You could with the old ps2 ones.