Guitar-ZyX

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Oct 9, 2009.

Oct 9, 2009

Guitar-ZyX by Another World at 5:40 AM (1,479 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
  2. steve007

Member steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how do i use this i got a acearked 2i and a r4ds what one sould i try it on and please show me step by step on youtube or your own video on how to make it work i am good with hands on only lol don't like to read its not telling me how to install and use the program on my NDSL or NDSI [​IMG] please add a video as well Thank you

3. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    ...?

4. vapour99

Newcomer vapour99 Member

Canada
    I wish I could figure out what it did...

5. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    I wish I could figure out how to set it up...

6. filteredpercepti

Newcomer filteredpercepti Newbie

United States
    I will put up a youtube video demo sometime. What it does is boot your PC into a an electric guitar f/x preamp. I.e. plug your electric guitar into the mic/line-in, and the PC's line-out to speakers as usual. Then the PC can add reverb/chorus/echo/etc... to the guitar signal that gets played through the speakers.

Then, the NDS angle is that you can also control all the effects parameters with the NDS, including mapping any 2 of them to the touchpad, so that by using a guitar pick or stylus, you can linearly distort the various guitar-f/s parameters while you are playing. A 'TouchScreenWhammyPad' if you will.

This is alpha quality software, and if you aren't familiar with booting a popular linux LiveCD/USB like knoppix/ubuntu/fedora on your PC, you should definitely familiarize yourself with that first.

Additionally the PC is then usable as a dedicated appliance for NDS homebrew development. The source code, compilers, and build tools for everything are included. Thus it is as easy as reasonably possible for anyone to modify the NDS code to fit their needs. At a general level it is a great example code and environment for the general task of using the NDS to act as a control widget for the PC operating as a linux-based appliance.

I'll post to this thread when I've got a good video demo. Unfortunately my guitar playing skills need to catch up with my homebrew hacking skills before I can make a good demo [​IMG] Feel free to email me directly with any specific questions or problems using Guitar-ZyX.

peace...

-dmc
    dmc AT gzyx DOT org
    http://filteredperception.org/smiley/projects/guitarzyx

7. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So the DS is a parameter controller for an effects console that's based on the computer. That's pretty neat. How does the DS interface with the computer? I've got hardware and guitar playing skills necessary to run this and do a demo for you if you want, but I'd want help setting this up on an EZ Flash V. I run Ubuntu Linux anyway, so I'm assuming I could just use my normal desktop.

Send me a PM if you want my help at all.