United States
Can you learn both?
smile.gif

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I learned piano first so I'm gonna say that. Many things that you learn on the piano could translate to other instruments when you get to them. It is a good foundation.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piano gives you the best mental (and physical, for that matter) preparation for learning any other instrument in the collection of normal western instruments. You'll do better to learn piano first, even though you won't be playing "cool songs" as soon. In the end you'll be a better guitarist (and overall musician) for it.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will get quicker results with piano.

Knowing nothing about it, but having some basic musical knowledge, I was able to learn the treble part of the SMB theme in like 2 days.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think the piano is a much better choice. Guitar is so...bleh. It's so overrated. It seems like everyone wants to be a "rocker" now, and they think learning the guitar will make them cool. I think learning classical music on the piano is a lot funner. Plus, piano sheet music is very easy to find for, let's say, video game songs, anime songs, classical songs, whatever.

I actually always wanted to learn the piano... but I never had the chance. I play the cello though :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night