Guitar Hero World Tour with GH3 guitar

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Scha, Oct 22, 2008.

Oct 22, 2008
  1. Scha
    OP

Newcomer Scha Advanced Member

Norway
    Hi

Guitar Hero World Tour NTSC works fine on my PAL Wii, but the strummer doesnt work [​IMG] Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Fast workaround for now:

Disconnect the guitar whenever you need to push up and down and use the wii remote only, then when your ready, start the song and re-connect the guitar.. This is really annoying tho, so hopefully someone can figure out how to fix it.

2. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    did ghwt just get released?

3. Scha
    OP

Norway
    Yeah I downloaded it this morning and it was done when I came home. Playing now [​IMG]
    Guitar Hero World Tour Game USA WII-REDEMPTED
    Works fine when you start it with Gecko OS (It said system update in the wii menu and I'm on 3.2E)

4. noobwarrior7

United States
    I bet your problem is that it contains some update it actually needs...that sucks....I'll test it when I get a chance. Are you using GeckoOS 1.07b? it shouldn't really matter if you're not, but try the newest version in this case.

5. Scha
    OP

Norway
    Yeah, I'm using the newest Gecko OS.
    It works good enough in carrer mode because you just push the green key to go to the next gig or song all the time, and then you play.

I actually did a song 100% on Hard already (98% on the 4 first songs and 100% on the fift). World Tour is MUCH easier than GH3. The song I got 100% on was REALLY boring tho.

Another thing is that the multiplier is really hard to see. I didn't notice it until the 4th song. Its on the right side of the frets. Anyway, when you don't have a guitar it plays pretty much exactly as GH3 except you do gigs that are 2 songs + encore (I've only done two gigs so far).

Edit: Ohh.. After a gig you also get bonuses for stuff like "never red", "percent note hits", "5 star performance" and stuff like that.

Hmm... now suddenly the strummer works.. I dont know if its just in the menu where you select gig, but it does work [​IMG]

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Seriously? Shit.

I pretty much finished the 360 version of GH3 quite quckly, only tampered with the Wii one a little. Was really hoping that it would be harder.

7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Scha, how about Expert? How is the difficulty? Where you would you put it in this:

GH3 - GHA

First one being the hardest and last one being the easiest? In Hard difficulty? Would you put it in between/before GH3/after GHA?

8. Scha
    OP

Norway
    I'm goning to play this last encore and then try some songs on expert. The songs do get harder, and now I'm playing 3 songs + encore gigs. I don't know how hard they get obv since I just started playing. I'll keep you guys updated tho [​IMG]

9. Scha
    OP

Norway
    Hey, if you guys want to watch me play I'll throw up the webcam real quick.. Hold on and I'll edit in the URL when its up [​IMG]

Edit: Here is the URL: http://www.mogulus.com/schatv

DO NOT make fun of me... lol

10. noobwarrior7

United States
    expert is always what you should judge the difficulty by, its the only real benchmark for measurement.

11. Ultimateplaya

Newcomer Ultimateplaya Member

Canada
    By any chance is anyone using this with the backup loader? And if so, did you have any problems patching?

12. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 GH2 guitar on this since it's USB? It works on PC with the appropriate drivers, maybe someone can come up with a way for the Wii to recognize it.

13. noobwarrior7

United States

not worth the trouble at all.