sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kid bro bought Guitar Hero World Tour today for the PS2. We plugged the receiver in to the 1st controller port, activated it and the guitar as far as we could tell, but the game doesn't load at all. Does the guitar need to be setup before the game will load? It just sits at the PS2 system configuration screen where you change the date, time etc.

If the game only loads once you've synced the guitar and receiver, what steps can be taken to fix it? The game simply does not load. I can hear the disc spinning but then it's as though it can't read it or something and stops spinning. I thought this might be because the lens is dirty perhaps, so I tried another two games, and they both load fine, Guitar Hero WOrld Tour does not however.

I'm thinking the disc is bad, but it was all packaged brand new, so just unlucky? Any ideas?

Thanks

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
World tour is a dual layer game. Sounds like the ps2 is having trouble with it. Try another dual layer game and see if it loads or does the same.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have another dual layer game unfortunately - it reminds me of the problem with Wiis and SSBB. Anyway I've done some reading up, and it seems the PS2 needs to be sent to Sony for a fee of £40-£50 they'll adjust the laser so that the PS2 can then read the disc. THere's lots of threads on many forums with the same problem, and it seems the only solution.

Seems extortinate to buy a game and then having to pay to have your console laser adjusted - that's the cost of a new slimline ps2, a couple of ps3 games and not far off a new xbox 360 arcade unit.

Has anyone had success in sending their out of warranty slimline PS2 to Sony for adjustment?

Thanks

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's out of warranty just replace the laser yourself. New ones are cheap enough £8-11 depending which one you need.

http://www.console-spares.co.uk/catalog/in...0&offset=10

Much better than £50. Can always try a pot tweak as well, although I've not seen any tutorials around for tweaking a slim. You tried just giving it a clean?, maybe you'll get lucky and that's all it needs.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i called sony up and they told me to make some changes to the ps2 such as setting read speed to fast etc. that didn't work. then i wiped the lens witha swab with rubbing alcohol on it, and it worked.

thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free