Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I finally got it to work and with none of this using PAL on NTSC machines or vice versa. I have an NTSC 3.2U Wii. I downloaded the appropriate NTSC songs. No cIOScorp. No USB. Just using DVD's and my Wiikey. I had the exact same problems as most of you with the songs not showing up in the archive. I had had trouble installing the DLC installer itself (error 2011's). I did not have any IOS249 that I saw a lot of others using so I downloaded the cIOS PatchMii installer found on wiibrew.org. I knew that this program would create an IOS249 for me but not alter anything else on the Wii.
At this point I finally got the DLC installer installed by using IOS249 as the choice in Wad Manager 1.4. Now when I ran the DLC installer and used IOS249 as the choice, I had the same problem as a lot of you in not seeing the songs show up in the archive in GHWT.
Now after being fully frustrated, this is what I did. I downloaded Waninkoko's latest IOS38 rev13b. Now at this point I had decided to uninstall the previous cIOS PatchMii IOS249 that I had installed before so now I did not have an IOS249 anymore. I had also installed AnyTitleDeleter at this point so I could see what IOS's I had on my Wii. You don't really need this program but I wanted to see what was installed during my troubleshooting with these hacked DLC's.
Now more problems. I couldn't install the Waninkoko's IOS38 rev13b. It would give an error 2011 at the end. According to the readme, this Waninkoko installer is supposed to install a patched IOS38 into the IOS249 spot. I figured out that in the installation program where it asks you what IOS to use it wants you to choose what spot to place the patched IOS38. Since it is supposed to go into IOS249 I wanted to choose that option but it did not show up as one of the choices. Then I figured maybe I have to have an IOS249 already in place first. I reinstalled the cIOS PatchMii installer which I know created an IOS249 for me without any errors. This was verified with the AnyTitleDeleter program I mentioned before. It can show what IOS's are installed. You don't have to choose to delete anything if you don't want to. Just use it to see what is installed.
I then ran the Waninkoko IOS38 installer and chose IOS249 spot which now showed up where it didn't before. This installed the IOS38 fine. I figured that this new patched IOS38 by Waninkoko would overwrite the previous IOS249 that I had installed with the PatchMii program.
Now when I checked with the AnyTitleDeleter program, I found out that now an IOS250 existed. I assumed now that it didn't overwrite the IOS249 but instead had created this IOS250 even though I had chosen to use the IOS249 spot in the Waninikoko installer.
Now finally. When I used the DLC installer program, it asks what IOS to use. It defaulted to IOS249 but I found I could choose IOS250 which I did. This is finally what worked for me. Now the songs showed up in the archive in GHWT and I could move them to the SD card using the GHWT program. So I hope this might perhaps help others. I am assuming that the use of this IOS250 is what I needed to do get it to work for me anyways.
One more hint. After you get the songs all put properly into the GHWT game, do not go and delete the save file in the Wii settings menu that is called Guitar Hero World Tour Songs or something like that. If you delete that save file, then all of your DLC will disappear in the game and not just the ones you just placed with this hack but all of them. I figured out how to get everything back without needing to download all the songs again. The GHWT program was used to recreate that save file. I was in the Music Store looking around and when I went into the archive section, it said it will recreate the save file which it did and now everything works and it back to normal, my downloaded DLC, hacked DLC, and all.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dent said:
Hey all, I finally got it to work and with none of this using PAL on NTSC machines or vice versa. I have an NTSC 3.2U Wii. I downloaded the appropriate NTSC songs. No cIOScorp. No USB. Just using DVD's and my Wiikey. I had the exact same problems as most of you with the songs not showing up in the archive. I had had trouble installing the DLC installer itself (error 2011's). I did not have any IOS249 that I saw a lot of others using so I downloaded the cIOS PatchMii installer found on wiibrew.org. I knew that this program would create an IOS249 for me but not alter anything else on the Wii.
At this point I finally got the DLC installer installed by using IOS249 as the choice in Wad Manager 1.4. Now when I ran the DLC installer and used IOS249 as the choice, I had the same problem as a lot of you in not seeing the songs show up in the archive in GHWT.
Now after being fully frustrated, this is what I did. I downloaded Waninkoko's latest IOS38 rev13b. Now at this point I had decided to uninstall the previous cIOS PatchMii IOS249 that I had installed before so now I did not have an IOS249 anymore. I had also installed AnyTitleDeleter at this point so I could see what IOS's I had on my Wii. You don't really need this program but I wanted to see what was installed during my troubleshooting with these hacked DLC's.
Now more problems. I couldn't install the Waninkoko's IOS38 rev13b. It would give an error 2011 at the end. According to the readme, this Waninkoko installer is supposed to install a patched IOS38 into the IOS249 spot. I figured out that in the installation program where it asks you what IOS to use it wants you to choose what spot to place the patched IOS38. Since it is supposed to go into IOS249 I wanted to choose that option but it did not show up as one of the choices. Then I figured maybe I have to have an IOS249 already in place first. I reinstalled the cIOS PatchMii installer which I know created an IOS249 for me without any errors. This was verified with the AnyTitleDeleter program I mentioned before. It can show what IOS's are installed. You don't have to choose to delete anything if you don't want to. Just use it to see what is installed.
I then ran the Waninkoko IOS38 installer and chose IOS249 spot which now showed up where it didn't before. This installed the IOS38 fine. I figured that this new patched IOS38 by Waninkoko would overwrite the previous IOS249 that I had installed with the PatchMii program.
Now when I checked with the AnyTitleDeleter program, I found out that now an IOS250 existed. I assumed now that it didn't overwrite the IOS249 but instead had created this IOS250 even though I had chosen to use the IOS249 spot in the Waninikoko installer.
Now finally. When I used the DLC installer program, it asks what IOS to use. It defaulted to IOS249 but I found I could choose IOS250 which I did. This is finally what worked for me. Now the songs showed up in the archive in GHWT and I could move them to the SD card using the GHWT program. So I hope this might perhaps help others. I am assuming that the use of this IOS250 is what I needed to do get it to work for me anyways.
One more hint. After you get the songs all put properly into the GHWT game, do not go and delete the save file in the Wii settings menu that is called Guitar Hero World Tour Songs or something like that. If you delete that save file, then all of your DLC will disappear in the game and not just the ones you just placed with this hack but all of them. I figured out how to get everything back without needing to download all the songs again. The GHWT program was used to recreate that save file. I was in the Music Store looking around and when I went into the archive section, it said it will recreate the save file which it did and now everything works and it back to normal, my downloaded DLC, hacked DLC, and all.

rofl that is the longest post i have ever seen and nobody is going to read that im sorry

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lubbo said:
rofl that is the longest post i have ever seen and nobody is going to read that im sorry
Haha, I guess so but this is what I did so if someone has time and reads through it and it helps them, they can summarize the steps in their post.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
What we could do with now is a Homebrew Music Store that points at a source for the files to save them for installing
wink.gif

Shark0011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i cant find any songs to download can some1 give me a link to mr. brightside by the killers and i cant seem to download the dlc installer help plz

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
No, I'm pissed that other people are able to make posts using my login. None of my recently edited posts were really made by me.
Actually he's not lying, I posted as him a few times
tongue.gif
(Seriously, I clicked a gbatemp link he sent me on IRC and all of the sudden I was logged in as him >.>)

I did as well.

kid sampson said:
I can't believe people are complaining. Even if there isn't anything you like in the DLC, it's 200+ more options.

And I do think it's funny that this ending up beating RAWKSD to release. How fitting since they told everyone to go and figure it out for themselves. And you know what, someone did.
smile.gif
Except....when I was shown the pirated DLC from rb2... hint: TWO MINUTES TO UNLOCK IT ALL. Yea, "figured it out". Why dont you go mess with FS Toolbox ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FS_Toolbox ), then figure it out yourself. Try deleting/adding/modifying stuff...

Slimmmmmm said:
I think it's awesome imho.

So much hard work must have went into this, and those eating there words of "it'll never happen" is entertainment.

Mucho respect to the team behind this, I know they will read these posts with interest to see peoples reactions.

hmmmm, wonder how long all they songs would actually take to play through over 18 hours ??

RB2 imo will be done eventually too, but it's gonna be a while and with over 500 songs for RB2 the effort to do them all will be breath taking.
hard work? its fucking easy, even before the RawkSD guys told me how they did it.

QUOTE(acesniper @ Jun 19 2009, 03:10 AM)
Not all wads are illegal (channels). However, installing DLC for free is illegal.
there is a total of 5 legal channels in WAD form that are legal to distrubute. Fail.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
Does the DLC installer contain any copyright material?

If not, then it is ok to host it there (like cios installers).

DLC wads would not be permitted though of course.

The file is expired, so I can't really check it out to see what it consists of...
Unless the source code is released it is illegal - WAD manager is GPL. Source must be released.

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick easy question... I got songs working and transferring to the sd card fine. Now I want to move multiple songs at a time . My question is... except for REV1 and REV2 part of GHWT_Title_Files_PAL_REV... they are the exact same file right? I don't need to use the specific title file that comes with the song.wad, do I? Just as long as the REV matches it will install correctly... right?

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
K guys I've looked at GHWT DLC wads and it looks like with the installer and using FS toolbar ghwt REAL CUSTOM SONGS FROM FOF should work. My problem is figuring out how they set up their mike system though but if someone could please tell me what format the wii reads it in I'll appreciate it and could do the rest =D. If so and it works I'll start on a open source project this summer so you guys can make modifications to it as well. (Which in reality should've been done for the wii back-up loader).
Of course I'll link to a google search which from their it should be easy enough to find my wad if/once it's done.

monkey04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have cios rev 13b installed
using original disk
I install song wad and titles that goes well. the installation finishes and then it says OneUp
so i go into guitar hero, options, archive
but the songs never show up, I know they're in my wii because i go from 205 blocks to 19 after i install but they aren't showing up.
I installed using ios 249, 250, 38 but they still don't show up
I've also been using GHWT_Title_Files_PAL_REV1.wad, should i use GHWT_Title_Files_PAL_REV2.wad

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, for those of you that have it working, does your Music Store in the game work properly? I had placed maybe 5 songs using the program and method in this thread. That all works. When I go into the Music Store, it says checking for new songs or whatever it normally does and it appears to be downloading the list of new songs. When I look in the Store and New Releases section, it says no songs found on server. But when I look in the Setlist tab, then I think I see all the songs including numerous ones that I have not downloaded or purchased or used this hack on but it appears as if I had purchased all of them previously which I did not. There is a button to Redownload the songs. I haven't tried to "Redownload" a song I never had yet.

~De arimasu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MandM said:
~De arimasu said:
I use a PAL Wii and a PAL version of the game.

Downloaded a few of the PAL song wad files, installed them in the DLC Installer and they all work fine. I didn't find any problem with any of them
huh.gif

Could you also specify your specifications of your Wii? And explain what you did?
Which songs did you install?

System Menu 4.0

I think I installed a cios but it was so long ago I've forgotten which one, if you can tell me how to find it out I'll let you know.

I installed the DLC Installer wad file using Wad Manager 1.1. I then started up the channel, chose the IOS249 option, chose the Wii SD Slot option, chose one of the song wad files that I put in my SD card's wad folder, chose the install SONG wad option and then did the same for the title file that came with it (but choosing to install TITLE wad).

Songs that I've tried that worked are:
Another Way to Die
Disconnected
Light it Up
Lycanthrope
The James Bond Theme
Wonderwall

All of them are working fine and all of them are the PAL wad files being used on a PAL version of the game.

QUOTE(Dent @ Jun 20 2009, 05:41 AM)
Hey, for those of you that have it working, does your Music Store in the game work properly? I had placed maybe 5 songs using the program and method in this thread. That all works. When I go into the Music Store, it says checking for new songs or whatever it normally does and it appears to be downloading the list of new songs. When I look in the Store and New Releases section, it says no songs found on server. But when I look in the Setlist tab, then I think I see all the songs including numerous ones that I have not downloaded or purchased or used this hack on but it appears as if I had purchased all of them previously which I did not. There is a button to Redownload the songs. I haven't tried to "Redownload" a song I never had yet.
The same has happened to me. It even has songs that aren't even announced yet being:
"Linoleum" - NOFX
"21st Century (Digital Boy)" - Bad Religion
"NJ Legion Iced Tea" - A Day To Remember

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll jump in here by saying this. I have IOS 249, cIOS 38 rev13a, and hermes ios 222 installed. I've installed the DLC installer with wad installer 1.3. I've tried installing DLC using ios249 and ios250, neither of which worked successfully. I just cannot get the dlc to show up in game. What might I be doing wrong?

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees are you loading the game from Disc or USB? You need to load from disc it's the only way to copy the songs back over to the SD card in game. And try installing on IOS 38... worked for me.

Yeah Dent... Messing with your IOSs can really wreak havoc on some things, you may never be able to legally purchase songs again thru the music store... The good news is... now you don't have to!

Hahaha! And that is why piracy wins!

Anyway I tried copying over a few songs to the Wii at a time, but only the last one I installed showed up... does that really mean that you can only copy one song at a time?!?!?!

When it takes you half and hour to copy over 6 songs you really start to think these things are really worth the $2.

And that is why piracy fails!

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone who is oowing and awing about the possibility of a magic unlock of a few kilobytes which allow the download of all DLC, don't forget: they might still be able to lock you out from downloading anything for free from their store.
It could be that OneUp (or whoever developed this) realized this- and so released wads of all the dlc in addition to an enabler (the title wad?).

I think it used to be possible to download any channel you had a ticket for from the wii shop channel, and look they blocked the hackers there too. Although it will be harder for Activision to fight back, assuming they don't have some kind of online update system which stores and updated dol in a channel or somewhere.

MrKinator (or whoever developed/used similar tools for RB1/2) may have exposed themselves more to activision by downloading songs they never purchased (assuming they tested it to see if it worked, for research only of course lol!). Instead of many pirates using their tools to nab songs they didn't pay for, only a select few IPs would be seen downloading these files without a record of payment.
Of course this is assuming they're monitoring this sort of thing, which they may start doing eventually. It'd be interesting to see if it actually affects sales at all in the end.

If it really is as easy as people say, we may soon see a RB1/2 DLC enabler and DLC. Hopefully this won't negatively affect paid users who could lose the ability to redownload tracks to a new/formatted wii.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh. I suppose this is cool for some. I'd still much prefer to have custom made DLC as I dislike much of the official DLC. Making a dozen or so GH3 discs great and all, but it wouldn't compare to having all that music on one SD card with one disc.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hxcmusic using a disc didn't help all it did was give me error about my dlc being out of date. I tried to install using ios 38 but it wouldn't let me. I should note that I would go straight to the archive and receive this error and then I'd see nothing on either my wii or my sd card. Then if I'd go to the music store and then the archive then I'd still see nothing on my wii but everything on my sd card as it should be.

Why couldn't I install with ios38?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1