DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s came out yesterday (in the US at least >_>), to tide us over until GH III and Rock Band hit in the fall. So is anybody gonna get it/got it?

IGN gave it a 'meh' 7.2 in their review, and having acquired it myself I have to agree with them I guess. The setlists aren't as fun to play this time around; in many tracks there are long sections where you aren't even playing or are simply playing or holding a single note for long periods of time (mind you I am only playing it on medium atm). Also there's only 30 songs this time round which pales in comparison to the 64 tracks in GH II.
So yeah, slightly disapointed then again I'm only upto the 5th setlist - I still have a few more songs to unlock. Holy Diver is probably the most fun song to play along to so far. I hadn't really been following the tracks as they were unveiled so I was pleasantly suprised to see Turning Japanese in there, unfortunately it's not as fun to play as I thought it would be!
frown.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the songs are very easy and not too complicated, but I like the 80's tunes. This game is fun, but NOT worth $50. I'd say about $30 would be a fair price on the game. What's really sad is that this game is SO EASY that I can 5 star a lot of the songs on expert... and I'm only mediocre on hard on the other 2 guitar heros...

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The following has almost nothing to do with the topic, rather this post should belong in the Site suggestions forum.

Why does the Other consoles forum have an icon that resembles a psp? I thought this thread was going to talk about guitar hero on a psp...

Carry on.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna download this but I can't say I'm that fond of the songs really.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing yesterday and the only thing they did, they changed the colors of the menus a little, changed the venues and made them 80s style[but generally, they're still the same] and changed the songs. Other than that, even the intro is the same. The songs are way too easy. I mean I got 5 stars on the first song in Hard. I could hardly pass Shout at the Devil in GH2[Ok, that song was actually too hard for a first song but still xD And I know they changed the song orders on in the xbox version]

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to take back what I've just said. Because starting from the Wrathchild[5th venue's encore] the game gets really really hard. The last venue which includes Electric Eye, Cought in a Mosh and Play With Me is definitely not easy. Hell, I could even hardly beat Play With Me. Those solos are just impossible =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.