tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me for using gamespot...

Following retailer leaks, Nintendo officially unveils silver-and-black limited edition bundle for first portable iteration of Activision's billion-dollar rhythm franchise.
By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Jun 12, 2008 9:39 am PT

In a post-earnings conference call following Activision's near $3 billion earnings report in May, CEO Bobby Kotick laid out a number of ways that the publisher plans to keep the wind behind its back. One such was further support for its money-printing Guitar Hero franchise. Specifically, Kotick noted that Activision would be promoting the first installment of the franchise to appear on Nintendo's DS--Guitar Hero: On Tour--with a special edition bundle.

sq5xdx.jpg
It's silver. And it's black.

Tangible evidence of the Guitar Hero DS bundle surfaced last week, when specialty entertainment retailer Toys-'R-Us listed on its online storefront Guitar Hero: On Tour as being available part-and-parcel with a silver and black DS emblazoned with a Guitar Hero logo. Today, Nintendo has officially confirmed that Guitar Hero: On Tour will come packaged with a limited edition silver-and-black DS. The package will be available in the US on June 22, and in Europe on July 18.

While Nintendo gave no pricing information, Toys-'R-Us' inadvertent posting of the product listed the game as going for $180 in the US. In a few months that price may look like a bargain, as prior LE DS bundles fetch premium prices on eBay after the intial retail run sells out.

The portable version of the popular rhythm games will include a peripheral called the Guitar Grip and a black Guitar Hero-pick stylus. Tunes in the game include tracks from No Doubt, Nirvana, Bloc Party, and Blink-182.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/guitarhe...tml?sid=6192460

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really feel at all excited over that. >_> I would like to play the game though...but the whole special edition thing? Haha. No money to buuuurn.

X3 Well at least you know your news, tiny. I only look for news here in Gbatemp.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh... I don't really want the game, but I was in my local Wal-Mart today and lo and behold there the game sat upon the shelf awaiting buyers to purchase it... A full nine days before official release date... I was like wow... Nintendo's gonna have some fussing to do if this broken release date is widespread enough!

AjDeF3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually preordered this game already... Well with the credit I got from trading in my ds games when I got a cyclo...

Im looking forward to the hacking/Homebrew that will use this

K

KaliKot

I hope the game works without the guitar pick thing

First it requires people to buy the game rather than....ahem
rolleyes.gif

, and second it bulks up the DS

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
UGLY. I am sick of two tone DSs. Give me an affordable yellow one
Aww, I love my Crimson/Black DS.

The bundle is cool and all but, as with other people, I agree that it would be nicer without the logo. Look at all other Limited Edition DS's, they had logos on them, but at least there were subtle unlike this huge black one that the GH version has.

One more day until the game comes out in the US
biggrin.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
so are they gonna sell the peripheral separate or what?

You missed the other thread where this was already asked and answered. NO. Although replacement devices might be available through Red Octane in case one broke or whatever through a warranty, the only chance of seeing the controller separate from the game is in resale channels like Ebay and potentially Gamestop. If the game is popular enough though, there might be third party controllers released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended