ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice find. It's working great, unlike Dragon Unpacker. Now I have a reason to get back to work on this. If only we could find something for the GFC file, so we know what it really is.

EDIT: Ok, so we know there are 25 songs (Or is it 26 including the Freezepop song?), but what are the other 34 (Or 33) .ogg files? Songs from the upcoming song pack? I'll check once they're done extracting.

EDIT2: There are only 2 other file types in the .gob file: 2615 txt files, and 1 psb file that's ~100 MB.

EDIT3: My friend said one of the .ogg files was an Aerosmith song. He said it was called "I can Dance" or something like that. It's .ogg file number 27.

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xJonny said:
AnimalCrossingX said:
I just checked the website for EDraw Flowchat Suite, and it looks like it's just for pictures and drawings, not archival files. The GFC file we need to open is like an archive. We need a program that Half-Life hackers use, since the Half-Life files are the same thing (GFC). I have to rip the OGG files again, but it's taking forever. I'll post later when it's done.

You're wrong the Valve game archive files are GCFs and not GFCs - you can use GCFscape to extract them.

E: Whoops, already been said, didn't read all of the topic.

Have you actually tried? I have tried all versions...they do not extract...unknown file format or something.
BUT you can convert the to game cache files (GCF) simply renaming them. The problem with that is it doesn't work with gcfscape anyways. Yeah try before saying please.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDIT: Ok, so we know there are 25 songs (Or is it 26 including the Freezepop song?), but what are the other 34 (Or 33) .ogg files? Songs from the upcoming song pack? I'll check once they're done extracting.
QUOTEEDIT3: My friend said one of the .ogg files was an Aerosmith song. He said it was called "I can Dance" or something like that. It's .ogg file number 27.

Well, having the songs pre-installed would explain how they'd make a Slot-1 expansion pack. Seeing as that is off Guitar Hero: Aerosmith I'm betting the next expansion pack will be centred around those songs. Anyway, if that's the case, all those expansion pack songs are already on there. Just try renaming some of the unplayable songs as the playable ones, and see whether you can get them to work. Obviously back-up first!
yaynds.gif

If you can, it's certainly a big breakthrough, 34 more playable songs may be available. Pretty cool. Of course, they may need some kind of code to unlock, or might not even be songs. Check please?

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wabsta said:
AnimalCrossingX said:
I just checked the website for EDraw Flowchat Suite, and it looks like it's just for pictures and drawings, not archival files. The GFC file we need to open is like an archive. We need a program that Half-Life hackers use, since the Half-Life files are the same thing (GFC). I have to rip the OGG files again, but it's taking forever. I'll post later when it's done.
Half Life use other files, GCF or somethin, but not the same as GH (GFC).

When I try to open the .GOB file, Dragon UnPACKer gives me an error of something that the drivers couldn't load it or somethin...
This is the log, I tried to open it a few times now:
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : Dragon UnPACKer v5.2.0b "Cinthia" (Build 169 - 30-1-2006 11:00:03)
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : Initializing plugins:
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : Loading Drivers plugins...
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : = 6 plugin(s)
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : Loading Convert plugins...
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : = 1 plugin(s)
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : Loading HyperRipper plugins...
27-6-2008 18:57:02 : = 1 plugin(s)
27-6-2008 18:57:09 : Closing current file... Done!
27-6-2008 18:57:09 : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27-6-2008 18:57:09 : Opening "C:\Documents and Settings\Michiel\Mijn documenten\ndstool\NDS_UNPACK\data\gob\mainUS.gob" file:
27-6-2008 18:57:09 : File format not recognized!
27-6-2008 18:57:09 : Starting HyperRipper...
27-6-2008 18:57:22 : Closing current file... Done!
27-6-2008 18:57:22 : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27-6-2008 18:57:22 : Opening "C:\Documents and Settings\Michiel\Mijn documenten\ndstool\NDS_UNPACK\data\gob\mainUS.gob" file:
27-6-2008 18:57:22 : File format not recognized!
27-6-2008 18:57:22 : Starting HyperRipper...
27-6-2008 19:00:11 : Closing current file... Done!
27-6-2008 19:00:11 : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27-6-2008 19:00:11 : Opening "C:\Documents and Settings\Michiel\Mijn documenten\ndstool\NDS_UNPACK\data\gob\mainUS.gob" file:
27-6-2008 19:00:11 : File format not recognized!
27-6-2008 19:00:11 : Starting HyperRipper...

Yay, finally somebody that gets the same error as me....not to mention I install in english then the first time I tried it it was in english but now it's in french. Like what's up with that?

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTEEDIT3: My friend said one of the .ogg files was an Aerosmith song. He said it was called "I can Dance" or something like that. It's .ogg file number 27.

Well, having the songs pre-installed would explain how they'd make a Slot-1 expansion pack. Seeing as that is off Guitar Hero: Aerosmith I'm betting the next expansion pack will be centred around those songs. Anyway, if that's the case, all those expansion pack songs are already on there. Just try renaming some of the unplayable songs as the playable ones, and see whether you can get them to work. Obviously back-up first!
yaynds.gif

If you can, it's certainly a big breakthrough, 34 more playable songs may be available. Pretty cool. Of course, they may need some kind of code to unlock, or might not even be songs. Check please?

Wow we've made a lot of progress today. I got to go for 4 days in like an hour so lets keep working.

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I need some help with that extr or whatever program from page 4. It has weird symbols in a language I don't recognize. I found the help sign and the help was in english but I searched for languages and english and I got nothing. Little help please. Even if language changing isn't possible just knowing which buttons to push would be nice lol.
THX

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
For Extractor, go to the third tab (I think) on the main part, and find where it says Russia in parentheses, change it to English. Anyways, I found out that each song has 2 .ogg files. All-Star has .ogg files 1 and 2, All the Small Things has 3 and 4, and it goes on following an alphabetical pattern. Maybe the song pack songs aren't on here. If each song has 2, and there are 26 songs total (Including Freezepop's song), then that means 52 .ogg files are used, leaving 7 unused, but with music, so that's 3 more songs. But then 1 is left over...Unless some songs have 3 .ogg files. And no jared, we're not making good progress, we're making excellent progress.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow, great progress that i see here! good job guys
grog.gif

it would be too awesome to eventually put custom, potentially countless new songs in it
smile.gif

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
jared120120 said:
WOW this is annoying finding a .gob packer since I can't unpack. I keep getting .ogg music junk.

Watch your posts man, you've TRIPLE POSTED, where you should be editing your original post of the 3.

Not sure if there is a packer available yet...

K, sure...i'm a noob lol

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AnimalCrossingX said:
For Extractor, go to the third tab (I think) on the main part, and find where it says Russia in parentheses, change it to English. Anyways, I found out that each song has 2 .ogg files. All-Star has .ogg files 1 and 2, All the Small Things has 3 and 4, and it goes on following an alphabetical pattern. Maybe the song pack songs aren't on here. If each song has 2, and there are 26 songs total (Including Freezepop's song), then that means 52 .ogg files are used, leaving 7 unused, but with music, so that's 3 more songs. But then 1 is left over...Unless some songs have 3 .ogg files. And no jared, we're not making good progress, we're making excellent progress.

THX

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, EVERY song has 2 files, but .ogg files #47-53 (47 and 53 included) are blank and last less than a second. The means there are 52 .ogg files with music, 52 / 2 = 26. Ok, we know that now, and we just need a .gob packer, and a way to decipher the 2615 text files. It's obvious that they're used for the charting, but they all look weird. When I was looking through it, I noticed that there are 12 characters/blanks: 8 quotation marks, and either a letter/number, or nothing (I guess no note). I also think the psb file has the vocals for the songs. We also need something for that. I googled it and PSB stands for Pinnacle Sound Bank, but I couldn't find a program during the minute I looked around for one.

I'm going to compare the text files with the game notes right now.

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AnimalCrossingX said:
Ok, EVERY song has 2 files, but .ogg files #47-53 (47 and 53 included) are blank and last less than a second. The means there are 52 .ogg files with music, 52 / 2 = 26. Ok, we know that now, and we just need a .gob packer, and a way to decipher the 2615 text files. It's obvious that they're used for the charting, but they all look weird. When I was looking through it, I noticed that there are 12 characters/blanks: 8 quotation marks, and either a letter/number, or nothing (I guess no note). I also think the psb file has the vocals for the songs. We also need something for that. I googled it and PSB stands for Pinnacle Sound Bank, but I couldn't find a program during the minute I looked around for one.

I'm going to compare the text files with the game notes right now.
\
K, I'll look into it. THX I gotta go right away so keep it going guys

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
If they bring out that new attachment thing for it, Do you reckon that we'll be able to get a rom file of it, put it on our flashcart, boot it up, then pplay the guitar hero with custom songs.. Just a thought.. Cause I hope they do, cause I just went and bought Guitar hero. Havent got it yet but have been playing the hack version. :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal +1