Hacking Guitar Hero III on Wii U

8-Bit-Giraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Guitar Hero III on my Wii U's vWii, and when I launch it with WiiFlow, it crashes (to a stack dump, I think it said. DS1 was something that stood out that could be important, but I can provide the rest if required.) After running that game, none of my other games in WiiFlow run either, and give me the same DS1 error, even though these games worked prior to me running it. The only way I've found to fix it when all of my WiiFlow games break is to completely reinstall WiiFlow.

I've read about it and it seems like it requires some "Hermes cIOS" (I understand little about the Wii's IOSes) in slot 223, but I can't figure out how to install that or if it's safe to do on a vWii.

My Wii U and vWii were modded with wiiu.hacks.guide's walk through, if that's of any importance.

Any Help?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont think about it to install Wii cIOS to vWii, or you will brick. If you followed the guide correctly the necessarry cIOS 249(base57), 250(base56), 251(base58) with dx2-v10-beta52 patch (not the beta53) are installed.

In first way i think its a bad dump, you may verify it by a hash value and try if the game runs in a Emulator.

Guitar hero and all other games (Sing Star,...) of this genre are problematic, as they need a specific ios to run. If Wiiflow supports it try in custom setting of the game different cIOS (249 or 250).

The DS1 Exeption may also some error because of faulty data, check this thread

8-Bit-Giraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played my dump in Dolphin, and it worked perfectly fine other than a bit of lag, but this is an 8 year old Macbook.

I have tried both slots 249 and 250, and neither worked, but I will try them again just to be sure.

I'll also try to remove the save data and see if that will help at all.

8-Bit-Giraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The image is what the system is stuck on when I try slot 250.

Side note, in WiiFlow, it usually shows the little channel preview, (like when you click on the disk channel but before you press start) but that doesn't appear for GH3.

Deleting the save data did get all of my other games working again, but GH3 doesn't work still.

I'm about to test slot 249, as 250 did not work. 249 does not work, might as well test 251, my last IOS option. 251 crashed faster than any others.

I'm lost.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 54
Last edited by 8-Bit-Giraffe,

8-Bit-Giraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i really hate bumping posts, but its really upsetting that i cant play the game, and i feel like ive tried every method possible without it working, so this was kinda my last resort.

eshtxjosue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i really hate bumping posts, but its really upsetting that i cant play the game, and i feel like ive tried every method possible without it working, so this was kinda my last resort.
you can still play the game just not through vwii. what you can do is do a virtual console inject for the hame and play it that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: