WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need a guitar to play Guitar Hero 3, but individual guitars aren't available for sale.

This isn't a problem just for modders. Even if you buy the bundle, you still need an extra guitar for 2 player. So you'd have to buy the bundle twice, and that's $180 before tax!

Has anyone tried to use the USB port to connect a ps2 guitar using the usb adapter?

Anyone know of any sites doing pre-orders for just the guitar?

Here's the official word from Red Octane,

QUOTE said:
Dear Customer,

No announcements have been made for the guitar controller to be offered a stand alone item or within a multiplayer bundle for any other platform other than the PSII at this time. Please check our online store at www.redoctane.com periodically for updates and announcements.

Thank you,
RedOctane Customer Service

flash70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
No other guitar will work, you need one specific for Wii. The reason is that the Wii guitar is just a shell, you need to put the wiimote into a special compartment and only then you can use it.

guitarhero070907.jpg

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
I have it for Wii - it's been out for days, just not by a release group. I got the NTSC version and with it works perfectly on PAL with RegionFrii
smile.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controls with out guitar:
D-Pad Up = Star Power
D-Pad Right= Red
A = Yellow
B = Green
1 = Blue
2 = Orange

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I work at a gaming store, and from what the memo said (and I assume this applies only to NA since I work in Canada) that the single guitar controller will be released in Feb.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what multiplayer is like? Do you *need* a friend code to play with someone else, or is it like strikers with a quick play?

Also, rumor is that Dolby Pro Logic II is bugged on the Wii version and only comes from your center speaker.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what multiplayer is like? Do you *need* a friend code to play with someone else, or is it like strikers with a quick play?

Also, rumor is that Dolby Pro Logic II is bugged on the Wii version and only comes from your center speaker.

I thought it couldn't be true. But then I read the Wikipedia article and saw the source:
http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/8/forum_topics/1258?page=1

Forget it. I don't want this game anymore.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that toys r us link is nice and all, but they had the original release date as 10/28, then pushed it to 11/1, now it's 11/8, so they don't know anymore than we do as far as when it's actually going to be available. I had pre-ordered it with them, but canceled because of what I just said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new