Guitar Hero III disk not recognised

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tha_reaper, Feb 26, 2008.

Feb 26, 2008
  1. tha_reaper
    OP

Newcomer tha_reaper Newbie

Netherlands
    I have a PAL Wii 3.1E, Keykey 1.9g, and never had any trouble running games before.
    A couple of days ago i tried guitar Hero III, the PAL version, and the disk does not get recognised. In the Wii menu the 2 disks are spinning around, and no GH3 screen pops up. After i tried that, i cant normal shutdown my Wii, or go to the different channels or settings because i get a black screen freeze then.

So i called someone over that owns the original game, and behold... the same problem! Someone has any idea of what can be going on?

2. BigX

Member BigX GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    what about you other original and backup discs?
    anything working? which?

3. tha_reaper
    OP

Netherlands
    all my other games work. Backups as well as originals

4. woody0

Member woody0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    my real GH3 works just fine.

5. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Turn on your Wii (from completely off = red light) with the disc still inside, see if that works.

6. tha_reaper
    OP

Netherlands
    i'll try that tomorrow evening when i have access to my Wii again.

7. tha_reaper
    OP

Netherlands
    ok, now i dont get it anymore. I return from my little 1 day trip, try the backup of GH3 again, and it works! done nothing different from last time, same DVDs, all 3 of them work (yes, i burned 3 on different media to be sure it wasnt the media's fault)!

i'll try to drag that friend over here again, and see if the original works now too. i dont know whats going on

EDIT: after 2 hours of playing the backups, during the song Barracuda, i got a disk read error... since then, i ahve the same bloody problem as before... i dont think the problem is with the Wiikey anymore, but somehow with this game...

8. mugel0190

Newcomer mugel0190 Advanced Member

Germany
    I also think it's the game's fault. I have GH3 Original. I NEVER geht any DREs with Backups or my other Originals. But every 4 - 5 Bootups of GH3 the Disc isn't even recognized in the disc channel...

I hope, the bugfixed Version will be released soon, so I can play full surround from my backup without DREs...

9. tha_reaper
    OP

Netherlands
    original works now as a charm... im going to but that thing forst thing tomorrow

10. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Check your WiiKey disk speed settings. I know I sometimes get the issues you're describing with various games if I have YAOSM set to slower speeds. This wasn't always a problem, but sometime after installing one of the newer software updates I started having a less responsive disk channel, sometimes resulting in black screen.

Use the config disk to set the speed to 6x (max) if you can. See if that fixes the problem.

Disks are now being replaced state-side, so I would expect the PAL version to be fixed and announced fairly soon if you're going to get one. If not, hopefully we can use the fixed USA version and make it work in your region with the signing tool so that PAL region players get the fixed version if they have a modchip.

11. ProdigySim

Member ProdigySim GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've had my Wii suddenly not recognize some backups every once in a while... But then a day later, they work fine. My also had a similar problem with an unmodded D2C. Works like ass one day, perfect the next.

It's really just the Wii's unreliable weak laser.