QUACKJECTION!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I thought about it.. And I might wanna get JUST the Grip and not the game , And instead download the rom and play it that way..

Do you think it works?
Or its like what happens with the Rom of Opera Browser and the Real Expansion Pak..

If someone with the grip could check it , I'll be thanking you more then... God for making ducks.

Edit : To make it more clear.

Can I play the Guitar Hero ROM with the Guitar Grip? And not a patch or something?

Because I know

Real Opera Browser + Expansion Pak = Works
Rom Opera Browser + Expansion Pak = Not working

now.. :

Real Guitar Hero + Guitar Grip = Works
Rom Guitar Hero + Guitar Grip = Works? or not?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yes but think an r4 user had a problem but i heard it works

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the grip is 100% certain to work in combination with the game on an m3real, but should also work on other flashcards.

if you want proof that it works, just look at any of the GH:ot trailers.
they used m3real for those.

Aznhiga13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4 with firmware 1.17 and the guitar hero grip and the rom work perfectly. Havent run into problems yet. I think the person with the problem has firmware 1.18. I dont know if that really is the problem or not.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm it works fine with CycloDS... Of course though, what doesn't?
tongue.gif

Good luck finding a grip without the game. You'd need to find a non-pirate who bought the game, something happened to the cartridge so they can't play anymore, and then they sell their grip. Good luck
tongue.gif
It may well be more worth it to just buy the game if you really want the guitar grip. It's a small price to pay and it won't kill you.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
I can confirm it works fine with CycloDS... Of course though, what doesn't?
tongue.gif

Cheats? ;p One thing about the CycloDS that turns me off is the cheat support it has. :/

At any rate, to get back on topic. Yes, the ROM does indeed work with the actual Guitar Hero hardware. This way you don't need the actual cartridge to play the game. Also patching the ROM also works to play the game using the ABXY buttons.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks! ... Now I need to wait for nintendo or something to sell this alone.. They must sell it alone cus .. if it becomes broken you need to get a new one but you already have the game.. Im sure nitendo will sell it alone. =P

Hopefully.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ducky said:
Thanks! ... Now I need to wait for nintendo or something to sell this alone.. They must sell it alone cus .. if it becomes broken you need to get a new one but you already have the game.. Im sure nitendo will sell it alone. =P

Hopefully.

It's not Nintendo who sells it. It's Activision.

And no, they won't sell it alone. Why would they do that when they can make you buy the game if you want the grip?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hankchill said:
And no, they won't sell it alone. Why would they do that when they can make you buy the game if you want the grip?
Maybe if they're planning a sequel. I bet they'll sell the sequel and the grip separately.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I had problems with my r4ds and 1.18. Now it works.
Roms + grip work fine with other cards (I tested it on Ace 2 and Supercard).

As far as I know there will be a sequel (GH 4 is scheduled for DS) so probably you will be able to buy game + grip or just a game. Perhaps somebody in China will make the grip off the market (the device is patented).

I hope the homebrew scene will come with some swaping songs from previous GH games (just like PC Frets on Fire) or maybe a separate game?
Who knows
smile.gif

emoo55

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes Ive seen news about guitar hero 4 being on ds. People dont get confused. This version is called guitar hero ON TOUR, not WORLD TOUR. and for some reason they are not gunna use the touch screen this time?

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i really can't see them sell the grip seperately even if a sequel comes out. The likely scenario (if a sequel comes out) is that they will sell the grip+game bundle or just the game. Owners of GH:OT will already have the grip (and will not want to purchase another grip if they wanted to buy the sequel game), so they would sell the game seperately to those owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi