Guitar hero games list

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dicamarques, Dec 21, 2011.

Dec 21, 2011

Guitar hero games list by dicamarques at 11:00 PM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. dicamarques
    OP

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Ok i'm probably getting a guitar for xmas and i would like a list of all the guitar hero games (or other games that use the guitar) for the wii.

If possible could you tell wich one's are the best and the worst games?

2. rip-it-up

Member rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ive played all the guitar hero games and the most of the rock band ones on wii.

My favourite one was gh Metalica with the guitar.
    I didnt no much of their music before i played the game, but i love some of their song now.

Theirs probably newer gh/rockband games which are better, but i got a lttle bit jaded with them because they release so many in the space of 2 years.

3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    best for you to do is go on your google machine and look up the track lists for each game. i like world tour and GH6 the best.

GH3 was pretty decent, but i didnt really like more than a few of the songs on it. the metallica and aerosmith ones sucked pretty hard. i didnt try the vanhalen one, but it was given away for free with some other one, so i wouldnt expect too much of it.

GH3 and aerosmith have been hacked to bits so you can (relatively) easily replace the songs with any song you want.

also, if santa is letting you pick out which guitar to get, i would suggest the one from GH:WT or GH:6. IIRC, the guitars from the guitar hero series work with all the rockband games, but the guitars from the rockband games dont work with all the guitar hero games.

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

The Guitar Hero (wiimote) instruments don't work with Rock Band 1 (possibly some of the early track packs too).

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    check this chart for compatibility (pick 'instruments', then the instrument you're going to get). But as tueidj said: Rock band 1 (and the RB1 track packs such as AC/DC or country) can only be used with a rock band guitar.

Personally, I thought GH3 had (by far) the best track list. Unfortunately, the game misses some things that later became standard, like a track list. GH6 and Rock band 3 have the best out-of-game options (not unsurpisingly, as they're the newest ones), but IMO their track list is "mostly meh" at best.

For personal worst game, I'll nominee band hero. I dislike most of the songs (and the other ones aren't that fun to play) and the theme...let's just say it isn't my thing.

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

That chart is kind of a load of crap.
    The Rock Band USB instruments are compatible with the later Guitar Hero games, I think from GH5 onwards.
    Green Day Rock Band is incorrectly listed as N/A despite being released on the wii (and has the same compatibility as RB2), apparently Harmonix doesn't know their own products.

7. dicamarques
    OP

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    The guitar i'm getting its a n-play guitar http://l.rapimg.com/...303904_abig.jpg, in the box says that's compatible with the wii and ps3 (it doesnt botter me since i only have a wii), but i bought this one because it's the only one i found on the gaming stores.

Edit: someone said that there's a way of adding music to the game, can someone give me a link to a tutorial :)

8. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i always used theGhost for adding songs to GH3. by default, it will create a whole iso of GH3 or GH:Aerosmith but with whatever songs you toss in. but there is a box you can check somewhere that will skip the creating of the iso (which takes forever) and instead just create a folder with all the extracted files. you can pack those files up with a different tool, or use riivolution to load them with your actual disc.

theres also something called rockSD, but i havent used it.