Gaming Guitar Hero DS.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered it. Should be here near the end of the month. You guy and gals going to purchase it or what?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd move this to the appropriate forum.

At first, I wasn't so sure this was a good idea. I mean, it's a gem on the console - but porting it to a portable system? I'd think it'd be an awful game, that lacks so much and presented poorly because of the capabilities.

I kept my eyes out on news for Guitar Hero: On Tour - and it sure did come fast.
I saw a trailer of the game, and was like "Woah, this could turn out nice." I really hope it does to.
June's issue of Nintendo Power had a special segment on the game, which nicely broke down the game in detail. It's now the game I'm looking forward to the most in June 2008.

As for buying it, I don't know. Fifty dollars seems an awful lot for a DS game, and if it gets a bad review - I might have to wait a while and pick up a second-hand copy of the game or download it and buy the attachment separately. Most likely, though, when time comes around for the game to be released - I'll be scraping up quarters around the house and do extra chores for cash to buy the game!

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally lost the topic. Was searching in testing for it lol.

I think it will be fun. I had fun on the console version and just nabbed this because I had the extra cash and haven't actually purchased a DS game in months so I felt that I owed them a little green. If anything I know many people with ds lites and love GH so I can give it to someone if im not into it.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...I'm going to buy it. I figure I'm due to buy another game legally.

Known tracklist as of May 30:
* designates a cover
Subway
Do What You Want - OK Go
All the Small Things - blink-182
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

Rooftop
All Star - Smashmouth
Breed - Nirvana
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
This Love - Maroon 5

Parade
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Helicopter - Bloc Party
China Grove - The Doobie Brothers
Rock And Roll All Nite* - Kiss
What I Want - Daughtry

Greek Arena
Jet Airliner* - Steve Miller Band
Black Magic Woman*- Santana
Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats
La Grange*- ZZ Top
Youth Gone Wild*- Skid Row

Thats 20 out of the 25 that they said would be available

Here is a video of a HOW TO. Shows alot of the game play and features unique to the DS version

Also a common question is if this will work on the Phat as well as the lite. I've heard that a "spacer" will be included to make it useful with the phat as well. I actually am really looking foward to this game.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
you think there will be some rom hack so you could upload your own songs? I want my deathmetal in there >=D
I doubt it.
I'm sure that replacing the song files would be easy to do, but have you taken in mind that you'd have to re-design the level so that the level and song corrolate? If not, it'd just be a bunch of out-of-rhythmic gameplay.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
silent sniper said:
you think there will be some rom hack so you could upload your own songs? I want my deathmetal in there >=D
I doubt it.
I'm sure that replacing the song files would be easy to do, but have you taken in mind that you'd have to re-design the level so that the level and song corrolate? If not, it'd just be a bunch of out-of-rhythmic gameplay.

Yeah, you're better off getting the PC version. There's plenty of custom songs available.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
67931865ip3.png

"Who do I make it out to, yo mama?"

"WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE"

Who is this guy??

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'm going to buy it but purely to add to my video game collectables, won't even open it.
If someone like cracker hacks the game to work with normal DS controls, I'll try that.

lol @ youtube vid - 'Thats a whole lot of greeeeat stuff!'
'You got the power in your haaaaaands!'
'Green Red Yellow Blue... WHAT WILL YOOOOU DOOOO'
'ROOOOOOOOCK OOOOOOOUT!!!'

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plan on buying it also
but i dont think my mom will let me buy a game for 50 bucks
especially after she sees my grades >.<
like JPH, im probably gonna buy the attachment separately and download the rom
at least guitar hero will make money off the attachment thing
pretty smart way to prevent full out pirates if ya ask mee

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Cant say I am impressed that much with the soundtrack for this version, so I dont think I will buy it.

Im gonna wait till we get some more spinoffs for it (that way the grip should be cheaper too), Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock (would tempt me) or Guitar Hero: Metallica (which is already in the works for next year, would be an instant buy if it came out on DS)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that track list... I'm considering getting it for that alone, cause I suck at Guitar Hero :3

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bah, its equivalent to US$80 here... I just wish we had the game prices that the US does. $30 for a typical DS game? Hah, think equivalent $60 to get your average game here.
frown.gif

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awdofgum said:
JPH said:
silent sniper said:
I doubt it.

Yeah, you're better off getting the PC version. There's plenty of custom songs available.
Well it's been done for the Wii version of GHIII, why couldn't it be done for this?

Skyler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So being a left-hander... the blue button would be at my index finger and I'd have to use my little finger for yellow?
frown.gif

Hope the settings change the most common colours around.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop last week. Supposedly, hitting the stores on June 22. At least, that's what they said. Of course, that is a Sunday, so it might be the following Tuesday the 24th.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.